• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitzgerald will stay in Arizona for 2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...y-in-2019/

Larry Fitzgerald will play in 2019
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 23, 2019, 9:39 AM EST
[Image: gettyimages-1098129152-e1548254355279.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Larry Fitzgerald is coming back.
The Cardinals announced today that Fitzgerald, their longtime star receiver, confirmed to the team that he will play a 16th season this year.
“No player has meant more to this franchise or this community than Larry Fitzgerald,” Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill said in a statement. “In my discussions with him, it was clear that he is as driven and passionate as ever. We are thrilled he’ll be back for 2019.”
Fitzgerald, who will turn 36 in August, has 1,303 catches for 16,279 yards and 116 touchdowns in his career. Although there’s been some talk that he could retire, especially given that the Cardinals are in the midst of a rebuild, new coach Kliff Kingsbury and team officials have made clear they wanted him back, and now they’re getting what they wanted.

congrats to our ball boy... look at him now, look at him now.

serious question here.... who would we rather have had?  Moss for his 7 years of spectacular play and somewhat sketchy antics,  or a guy like Fitz that played his whole soon to be 16 year career at a very high level (not near RMs ability)  but has been a model player?

I loved Moss,  but I have to admit I am envious of teams that get guys that are career guys and contribute like Fitz has always done on and off the field for AZ.

I loved Moss as much as any fan, but I would trade that for 16 years of Fitzgerald every single time.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
serious question here.... who would we rather have had?  Moss for his 7 years of spectacular play and somewhat sketchy antics,  or a guy like Fitz that played his whole soon to be 16 year career at a very high level (not near RMs ability)  but has been a model player?

I loved Moss,  but I have to admit I am envious of teams that get guys that are career guys and contribute like Fitz has always done on and off the field for AZ.
Moss for sure!!!  Nothing was more exciting then seeing his hand go up on a go route. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Moss for sure!!!  Nothing was more exciting then seeing his hand go up on a go route. 
i honestly dont know that there is a wrong answer on this question....

Larry is such a quality guy.  Damn shame he couldn't get some more playoff games under his belt.

Few athletes rise above the league for their play on and OFF he field.Few you can point to as a father and say, "That's the kind of man I want you to become"
Larry is both.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

Moss was not as bad as made out. He wasn't in legal trouble other then minor scraps. He was a colorful personality that rubbed people the wrong way. Red screwed us because he was dumping the team and wanted to. Chilly did because he was an insecure jerk who rubbed everyone the wrong way. Fitz is the type that ages better. As his talents diminished his good guy personality made up for it. Moss only now seems like a good guy who finally gets it. I wouldn't have minded having Moss for 15 years though.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Moss was not as bad as made out. He wasn't in legal trouble other then minor scraps. He was a colorful personality that rubbed people the wrong way. Red screwed us because he was dumping the team and wanted to. Chilly did because he was an insecure jerk who rubbed everyone the wrong way. Fitz is the type that ages better. As his talents diminished his good guy personality made up for it. Moss only now seems like a good guy who finally gets it. I wouldn't have minded having Moss for 15 years though.
well that wasnt an option,  but yes Moss for 16 years would have been nice,  nicer if he didnt always have to be a lightning rod.