Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints message board
Man, I'm loving this.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/i-dont-...is.402117/

One poster talks about since the 09 season, the Saints have been cursed. San Fran, Minnesota and now the non-call.

I'm sitting at my desk at work, literally giggling out loud while reading some of these posts.

I was pissed off the whole game yesterday, thinking back to 09. Fox coverage talked about that year all game long and never once mentioned the suspension that followed (if they did, I didn't hear it).

Poetic Justice.

I am happy that payton is getting his... but I feel bad for the young fans.  honestly, i remember how rocked my boy was in 09 as he was old enough to know the rules of the game and to see that we were definitely getting hosed by the refs... a completely helpless feeling for him as well as for  me as a dad... I am sure there are dads and sons going through the same emtional gutting in nawlins and I honestly feel bad for them.

Before 09, the Saints were my second favorite team.

I had partied in that town quite a few times and I remember the Archie Manning days. I had a soft spot for their suffering. If they would have straight up beaten the Vikes that year, I would have been pulling for them then, and yesterday.

The way 09 played out, blatantly trying (and succeeding) to hurt our QB without getting a single sack is unforgivable to me.

Drew Brees is a Hall of Famer who seems to be a very decent human, but he knew what was going on before and after that game. He didn't care.

Not a single Saints fan cared that their team played dirty, in fact some of them are pissed that the NFL suspended those guys. Fuck Them. (yeah, I'm a little bitter LOL).

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
Man, I'm loving this.

https://saintsreport.com/threads/i-dont-...is.402117/

One poster talks about since the 09 season, the Saints have been cursed. San Fran, Minnesota and now the non-call.

I'm sitting at my desk at work, literally giggling out loud while reading some of these posts.

I was pissed off the whole game yesterday, thinking back to 09. Fox coverage talked about that year all game long and never once mentioned the suspension that followed (if they did, I didn't hear it).

Poetic Justice.
Yeah, what really pissed me off was they even showed Favre taking some brutal (illegal) hits, and talked about how the Aints absolutely demolished Favre which propelled them to their first Super Bowl win, but never once mentioned Bountygate and how they cheated their asses off and also benefited from about half a dozen completely bullshit calls in order to advance.

haha.
Quote:I'm done.

I love you all but I can't watch this crooked league any more.

Devastated.
The same crooked shit they loved the year they won...

I don’t feel sorry for any Saints fan, not even the young ones as they will eventually grow up to be adult Saints fans who will make more Saints fans. I have no doubt that there were exactly zero Saints fans feeling sorry for my kid in 2009. Welcome to your nightmare, NO. Wanna chat about ‘09 now?????

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I am happy that payton is getting his... but I feel bad for the young fans.  honestly, i remember how rocked my boy was in 09 as he was old enough to know the rules of the game and to see that we were definitely getting hosed by the refs... a completely helpless feeling for him as well as for  me as a dad... I am sure there are dads and sons going through the same emtional gutting in nawlins and I honestly feel bad for them.
I look at this as a teachable moment.

"Come sit here Timmy. Here's a tissue.

See son, when you were 2 years old, our beloved Saints' coaches paid the players on the side if they would take cheap shots, late hits and try to intentionally hurt the important players on the other team. This was not only morally wrong, but also against NFL rules. Our beloved Saints did not care. Nor did the Great Saint Nation "Who Dat" fans. We got our Super Bowl trophy. Everything is good in the world.

Now Timmy, please let me explain to you about something called Karma, and it's not the name of our running back."

[Image: bh3qi93g3f7g.jpg]

I'm convinced there is a gag order about Bountygate. A league fighting to convince the NFLPA and the world, especially parents of their future players, can't let that topic be raised.
Of course if the NFL had banned Payton and Greg Williams for life, they might not need to hide their hypocrisy.

EEEEEFFFFFF em-----watching them play up the 09 game with no mention of the crap they pulled ---eeeefff em each and every one young and old (they're whitewashing history  and those innocent youth will grow up thinking they honestly won in 09.)