Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Could Make Up For Poona Ford
Texas A&M DL Daylon Mack was listed by The Draft Network's Joe Marino as one of the winners from practices at the East-West Shrine Game.
Mack was one of the most heavily recruited players in the 2015 class, but he never quite lived up to the hype; although he did have 5.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss in his senior year. He certainly reminded analysts of that five-star talent in practices this week, and consistently was named by analysts as a player who stood out. "A gigantic tackle, Mack has an impressive amount of mobility that blends nicely with his powerful frame," Marino writes. "I was really impressed with his hand usage and how heavy and violent his strikes are." Mack earned a trip to the Senior Bowl for his strong work this week, and he appears to be a sleeper for thte 2019 draft.

Yep, already got his invite to the Senior Bowl. 

A few other players I'm excited to see tomorrow....

Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska5-11, 230Averaged 7 yards per carry. Didn't fumble once in 2018. Catches the ball real well. Getting a ton of buzz at Shrine practices. Apparently, Rick spent some time chatting with Ozigbo on the field. 
Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State 
6-2, 200
Sense an even split on who was the best QB at Shrine week between Rypien and Jordan Ta'amu (apparently Easton Stick has been awful, like undraftable bad). Quote from one report: "One important thing to note is that the Minnesota Vikings coaching staff was running West practice and they seemed to really take a liking to Rypien."

Garrett Bradbury, C/G, NC State6-3, 300Exceptional lateral quickness. Prototype ZBS blocker. Came to NC State as a tight end.  Good fit for a Kubiak offense? Apparently, the podcast I listened to was a Sr. Bowl preview instead of a Shrine. 

BJ Blunt, LB, McNeese State6-1, 220Probably looking forward to watching Blunt more than anyone. From everything I've heard he's blowing up everyone in practices. Plays with passion and fire and he's turned a lot of heads among NFL personnel
Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas6-3, 290
I've heard some say he's been even better than Mack this week.

KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State
6-2, 200
Made almost every best of Shrine week list I saw. Nothing special about his size or speed, but he runs crisp routes and catches everything. 

You draftniks are just adorable...

The funny thing about football for me. I love it and the Vikings. I've watched this team and the game for over 50 years now. Going on 60. I still don't know much about it. I like collage football as well. I don't know that any better. I've never been an X and O's guy. I don't break down things to the basic level. Or players either. I just know when something or someone worked out great and was fun or didn't and sucked. Just don't ask me why he or it sucked. I  have to rely on other opinions if a draft pick was good or bad. Then I have to watch on the field if it was or not. What have I learned. I know as much as they do...lol. 
I still do enjoy the breakdowns leading up to the draft. So this one is good. I'm just not a study enough to give an educated opinion. Not a fantasy guy either. In fact I hate how it's changed the game. By all means go ahead though. I'm not afraid of learning. Just don't expect much from this old dog.
I agree with purplefaithful. It's adorable.

Brett Rypien is getting a ton of buzz...I've read many scouts loved him during Shrine week. To me, he's a slightly bigger Case Keenum. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

6-2, 200
Made almost every best of Shrine week list I saw. Nothing special about his size or speed, but he runs crisp routes and catches everything. 

keesean johnson?  Really?

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

6-2, 200

I know right? There's not only a Keesean Johnson, there's a Michael Jordan. But don't stop there. There was a guard named Connor McGovern taken in the draft last year. There's another guard named Connor McGovern this year. There was a Josh Allen last year and a Josh Allen this year. There was a Josh Sweat last year. A Montez Sweat this year. No relation. There's a Greg Little who's a wide receiver and a Greg Little who's a tackle. Don't get me started on all the apostrophies: N'Keal, D'Andre, Dre'Mont...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/A...129045472/
Mack would be great if we can get him in the middle rounds. The guy I'm loving more and more is Khalen Saunders. But if he blows up the combine it wouldn't surprise me if he goes late 1st round.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

6-2, 200

I know right? There's not only a Keesean Johnson, there's a Michael Jordan. But don't stop there. There was a guard named Connor McGovern taken in the draft last year. There's another guard named Connor McGovern this year. There was a Josh Allen last year and a Josh Allen this year. There was a Josh Sweat last year. A Montez Sweat this year. No relation. There's a Greg Little who's a wide receiver and a Greg Little who's a tackle. Don't get me started on all the apostrophies: N'Keal, D'Andre, Dre'Mont...
Not real sure where you are going with your mini-rant.
But my point, naming your kid after Keyshawn? That is the best his parents could come up with?