Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to Interview Joe Philbin for OL Coach
The Vikings are going to interview Joe Philbin for OL coach. He has experience as a HC, OC, and OL coach, but Green Bay's blocking technique is just to hold on every play and I doubt that the Vikings would be able to get away with that. I'm not surprised that Zimmer would want an experienced OL coach, just not sure what to think of Philbin.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...h-vikings/

Well I don't know about that. I heard my dad say before it's actually harder to be good at cheating then it is to just do it right. He wasn't talking about football but it could... errr,  hold true there as well. If he can teach cheating good maybe he can coach.

You guys just need to get a grip and just hold on before passing judgement. Philbin is held in high esteem. Plus we all know that Zim holds on to hope of having former coaches who have held the position of HC.  Regardless, I'll hold my head up high as a Viking fan!

Hold.

I think Philbin is a good coach and I'll bet he becomes a popular one on the staff if he comes on board. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
You guys just need to get a grip and just hold on before passing judgement. Philbin is held in high esteem. Plus we all know that Zim holds on to hope of having former coaches who have held the position of HC.  Regardless, I'll hold my head up high as a Viking fan!

Hold.
The word of the day boys and girls is ...

Good for him.   I always felt bad for him the way Kelli and Michael squeezed him out of his own show.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
Good for him.   I always felt bad for him the way Kelli and Michael squeezed him out of his own show.
[Image: regis-philbin-kathie-lee-gifford-today-1...296b73.jpg]

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Well I don't know about that. I heard my dad say before it's actually harder to be good at cheating then it is to just do it right. He wasn't talking about football but it could... errr,  hold true there as well. If he can teach cheating good maybe he can coach.
If they don't get called for holding (not one holding call in the game against the cowboys as that video said) then it isn't cheating as much as exploiting a loophole.  And if we can legally pass block like the Packers have been doing, gimme some of that coaching. 

I could get on board with this hire.