Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff’s absence makes Vikings’ heart grow stronger for Rashod Hill
MANKATO — The specter of pass protection continues to haunt the Vikings as they grind through training camp with a banged-up left tackle raising eyebrows, again, about a retooled offensive line on notice to stay healthy, stand and deliver.
Riley Reiff’s back injury has kept him sidelined since he left Friday’s first practice, even though there are no indications it is serious.
Coach Mike Zimmer said after practice that Reiff was “getting closer” to returning to practice.
“He felt a lot better today, but it may be a couple more days,” he said. “He’s here, but standing around with the back (injury) isn’t doing any good.”
Meanwhile, offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur welcomed the opportunity afforded second-year back-up Rashod Hill against Minnesota’s tenacious defensive line than any lost by the veteran Reiff.
“He certainly benefited from more reps than we thought he would get against our front guys on defense, and he’s making steady progress,” Shurmur said Wednesday. “We really like the path that he is on. I think we have more than a month before we play New Orleans. There’s a lot of water that has run under the bridge, but we see steady progress in him and he is certainly a big body with long arms and is a guy that has a chance to be a good player.”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/02/rei...shod-hill/

Rookie running back Dalvin Cook continues to impress with his versatility as he vacuums up repetitions while veteran free-agent acquisition Latavius Murray continues rehabbing from March ankle surgery.

Shurmur lauded Cook’s pass protection abilities and “good feel for the game.”
“He has done a good job,” he said. “I don’t see any elements of running back play that he can’t be very good at, and pass protection is one of them.”

It's a huge relief to me that Reiff's injury isn't related to his hip. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It's a huge relief to me that Reiff's injury isn't related to his hip. 
I know I read that rumor as well.  But now I don't know what to believe and just need to see him play.  Same with Murray although not as dire a position.  Our top 2 FA's have not practiced yet.  No need to panic but I am still in injury shell-shock after last year.

Loving the news about Rashod Hill. The most pleasant surprise thus far of the offseason and training camp for me has been the progress of Hill and Danny Isadora. Boy, it'd be awesome if these 2 young guys work out for us.

If Reiff gets back in there in 2-4 days, all this time for Hill will be invaluable. He's a big kid, former basketball player, long arms. He's progressing, which is a good sign.