Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fangio hired as Denvers Head Coach
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/...head-coach

Happy about this - he was running a great D over their in Chicago.

Good.  Chicago's loss is our gain.

Would Denver be willing to make a HC Trade?  :p

Quote: @"TBro" said:
I'm telling you, some of you guys act pretty spoiled.  We have a pretty good HC ourselves and at least he has experience and is proven as a HC.  Is he perfect?  No, but please tell me someone who is.

We had a tremendous amount of change going into this year and it didn't all work out.  It happens.  Let's not knee-jerk and kick another good HC out of town again after a single disappointing season.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"TBro" said:
I'm telling you, some of you guys act pretty spoiled.  We have a pretty good HC ourselves and at least he has experience and is proven as a HC.  Is he perfect?  No, but please tell me someone who is.

We had a tremendous amount of change going into this year and it didn't all work out.  It happens.  Let's not knee-jerk and kick another good HC out of town again after a single disappointing season.
Oooh shiny...
Seems to be all the rage.  I don't understand the desire to go the Cleveland route of managing a franchise.

@"TBro" said:

Define "proven". 

At least Denver is bucking the trend of finding and employing barely out of puberty head coaches.  Teams ignoring coaches who's voice doesn't crack anymore just seems silly and shortsighted to me.  Experience has to mean something in the NFL.    

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
@"TBro" said:

Define "proven". 

Well, for sure not Vic Fangio.

@"TBro" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
@"TBro" said:

Define "proven". 

Well for sure, not Vic Fangio.
exactly.

Proven:
adj. Having been demonstrated, verified

Zimmer has proven to field top defenses.

Quote: @"AllBS" said:
At least Denver is bucking the trend of finding and employing barely out of puberty head coaches.  Teams ignoring coaches who's voice doesn't crack anymore just seems silly and shortsighted to me.  Experience has to mean something in the NFL.    
It does and the NFL will learn its lesson.