Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Good...
Especially not now. Not at a time when the country is faced with such challenges at home and abroad...

August 2, 2017 - Trump Drops To New Low, Close To 2-1 Disapproval, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; 71 Percent Say President Is Not Levelheaded

1. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as President?
                                                               WHITE......
COLLEGE DEG
Tot Rep Dem Ind Men Wom Yes No

Approve 33% 76% 2% 34% 40% 27% 33% 43%
Disapprove 61 17 96 60 54 68 65 50
DK/NA 5 7 2 6 6 5 3 7

TREND: Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as President?
                     App     Dis     DK/NA

Aug 02, 2017 33 61 5
Jun 29, 2017 40 55 5
Jun 07, 2017 34 57 9
May 24, 2017 37 55 7
May 10, 2017 36 58 6
Apr 19, 2017 40 56 4
Apr 04, 2017 35 57 8
Mar 22, 2017 37 56 7
Mar 07, 2017 41 52 7
Feb 22, 2017 38 55 7
Feb 07, 2017 42 51 7
Jan 26, 2017 36 44 19

Well... good news is that according to the Quinn. polls before the election he couldn't win the Presidency anyway.   Didn't they say most people were going to vote for Hillary back in 2016?  So if they are still using the same people they talked to back then or same base... it's not surprising that Dems think Trump sucks. 

Trump is a political mess and he likes it that way...  so do some of his supporters.  Me personally I like seeing Washington exposed as only caring about themselves... normally a President will just join in with his party to help screw over America and cash in on his own.  Bush did it, Clinton did it, Bush 2 did it, and Obama did it too(much to the non belief that he did) Trump already has his... the problem is, he has the ego to go with it. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
71 Percent Say President Is Not Levelheaded
Levelheaded?? The man is very likely not sane. And he's nowhere near stable. What a disgrace to American history. It's a terrifying thought that this unbalanced conman will be at the helm as we navigate the rough seas ahead. 

What does trumps approval rating change anything?  He is who he was,  it's not like peoples opinion of him dropping will change anything.  Maybe as much of a narcissist as he is it will improve his approach as he surely reads the ratings.

As far as what this country is facing....we have faced much worse with only marginally better leaders and turned out ok.  We will survive this round as well.  If nothing else we are a resilient bunch.

Exposing Washington, draining the swamp...Lets get to governing and out of politicking already. that approval rating is a function of style and substance. 

We need more done from that Admin which has been a hot mess. 

All that said? I like my 401k today.  And yah, we are a resilient bunch. I tell my 24 year old that - if we can survive the Nixon Admin...

I wonder how much his ratings went down because of the corruption of the democratic establishment including the biased media.  

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I wonder how much his ratings went down because of the corruption of the democratic establishment including the biased media.  
I wonder what the past presidential ratings would be if the media had taken the same angles with those presidents.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
I wonder what the past presidential ratings would be if the media had taken the same angles with those presidents.
Here's some perspective; Multiple polls and comparisons back to Dwight D. And its not just Dem's, it's also the not college educated Whites (his core group) where the disapproval ratings now surpass approval.

Who knows what will happen by 2020 with crazies like KJU with nukes, but even the most core of Trump supporters are hoping s hit changes vs today. The What and The How. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tru...l-ratings/

The grand jury results should help his approval ratings.  Going from rage to schadenfreude continually,  is getting tiring.  Its only been six months, feels like a lot longer, call it 2 Trump years.  That's about right, if he makes it a year we can call that a Trump term.

Curious, ya'll were quiet when truly remarkable poll results were announced after the election re: consumer confidence

The Gallup US economic confidence poll.  

US economic confidence surges to highest level ever, EVER, recorded by Gallup (no right-wing polling org, btw --had to hurt to report). What on Mother Gaia happened late last fall, to account for such record-setting polling?  Smile

Those phenomenal numbers have dipped a bit (since last fall), but still higher than Obama's "peak".  

I will admit, the major stock indexes are skewed to the investor class... but the Gallup poll of consumer confidence, is not. 

Frankly, could give a damn what the POTUS daily  tracking #s are;  gimme consumer confidence.

Link
Consumer Confidence Closely Tracks the Job Market 
The chart below plots the Present Situation Index against the unemployment rate, whose scale is inverted so that high levels represent strong labor market conditions (low unemployment) and vice versa. One readily apparent feature is that the two series move together very closely throughout the period and, most notably, during all five of the recessions since 1977. It’s hard to tell from inspecting the chart, but the highest correlation (0.89) occurs at a two-month lead; that is, the Present Situation Index is even more strongly correlated with the unemployment rate two months into the future than it is with the concurrent rate. 

[Image: 6a01348793456c970c019aff1858ad970d-450wi]