Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karma!
I hate the Eagles, but I found some satisfaction in the result and the twisted ending for the Bears.  I believe I heard something about Doug Peterson calling his bud Nagy to prior to our Week 17 matchup, asking him to keep his starters in against us to help his team's odds.  Yeah, several things had to go right, but they did and as it turns out, Nagy absolutely could have rested his starters for the 2nd half against us, but chose not to until late in the game.  Be careful what you wish for you Bear bastards!!!!   Probably would have had a much easier time with the Vikings traveling to Soldier Field.   Hahahaha!!!

The whole should of rested his starters thing I disagree with.  It's not a given that the Vikings would have went into that playoff game and layed an egg, in fact I think that the Vikings would have throttled the bears in that game.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
The whole should of rested his starters thing I disagree with.  It's not a given that the Vikings would have went into that playoff game and layed an egg, in fact I think that the Vikings would have throttled the bears in that game.
after showing really nothing in 2 previous mathcups you think the Vikings were going to suddenly get healthy and throttle the bears?  I have to agree with the OP,  the bears would have been better off to rest their starters and face the beat up Vikings at home than the surging iggles... it doesnt matter because I doubt none of the 3 would have a chance this coming weekend,  but I think the way the teams finished the year the Vikings would have been the preferred opponent if I was a bears fan.

Bye, bye Iggles...That game against the Bears was their version of the Minny Miracle.

Next stop for Fowles and Iggles? Waterloo aka New Orleans.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
after showing really nothing in 2 previous mathcups you think the Vikings were going to suddenly get healthy and throttle the bears?  I have to agree with the OP,  the bears would have been better off to rest their starters and face the beat up Vikings at home than the surging iggles... it doesnt matter because I doubt none of the 3 would have a chance this coming weekend,  but I think the way the teams finished the year the Vikings would have been the preferred opponent if I was a bears fan.
Just a gut reaction watching the game and stranger things happen.  There is no easy answer with Resting or playing your players.  I don't think you want to Plan to play "this" oppenant in the playoffs,  we could still be having the same debate wether it was the smart play or not if the Viking were the oppenant and the Bears lost.

Didn't get to watch, but was Tribisky hurting?  He took some hits against us and got up slowly after one of them. 

He went under the blue tent at one point after a long run and came up gimby but didn't seem to hurt his throwing ability, he stayed in the pocket for the most part after that "injury"