Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thibodeau fired

Sweet

Wolves just keep on rebuilding, for almost 30 years now.

The Browns of the NBA...And just think, we all got "this close" to that dumb ass owning the Vikings along with the Wolves. 

Thibbs and his Jimmy Butler obsession effed us and took glens money

Thibodeau should have been fired a while ago. He horribly mismanaged the Butler situation, the team has been awful on the road, he rides his starters too hard, and he never proved to be the defensive mastermind that he was supposed to be. Hiring at the time seemed like a major win, though there was the concern about him wearing down players, but it never worked out and he threw away a really good player in Zach Lavine for not even a year rental of Butler, though you could argue there was no way they could afford to keep Towns, Wiggins, & Lavine and Lavine was coming off of a torn ACL at the time, so he was the riskiest of the 3 then,

I've hardly watched a game since they traded LaVine when I watched most before that.  I didn't care that Butler was suppose to be better.  Zach was my favorite and more fun to watch imo.

I do like what we got back in the Butler trade with Covington and Saric, but the timing of this is strange. He should have been fired when he and Butler created all of this drama at the beginning of the year. Looking forward to what Ryan Saunders can do to get this team in contention for the final playoff spot. Hoiberg coming back sounds like a real possibility. I would be good with that but he is also being rumored to take over at UCLA after Alford got fired last week. 

The timing was odd indeed,  but not unexpected and largely overdue.

Basically Thibs was brought in to get the T-wolves to play defense.  Didn't work.  So Thibs brought in his favorite player Butler hoping the 2 of them together could get KAT and Wiggins to play some D.  Result: Thibs and Butler both gone, KAT and Wiggins with the green light to goldbrick as much as they want and blame the fans for booing afterwards https://www.slamonline.com/nba/andrew-wi...good-fans/