Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: What's Your Winter Drink?
I really like the Stouts and Porters this time of year.  But man, this Deschutes Jubelale is just hitting the "sweet spot" for me.  If you haven't tried it, but like dark brews, I highly recommend - enjoy!

[Image: Deschutes-Jubelale-2018-Feature.jpg]

Salty tears of the Viking fan. Alcohol doesn't help.

I like Old Fashioned's for a boozy drink (Brandy, clear diet, and some bitters with a dash of maraschino cherry juice)...

Otherwise, I'm with you... The only time I drink Porters or Stouts is winter time.  Maybe a little Bailey's in the coffee on a Saturday morning...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I like Old Fashioned's for a boozy drink (Brandy, clear diet, and some bitters with a dash of maraschino cherry juice)...

Otherwise, I'm with you... The only time I drink Porters or Stouts is winter time.  Maybe a little Bailey's in the coffee on a Saturday morning...
A favorite "hot toddy" of mine is coffee with a bit of cinnamon whiskey, irish creme, and a bit of kahlua.  It can pack a bit of a punch, but it's so damn tasty.

My wife goes with the strong stouts year round.  I sometime have to hit up to 2 or 3 liquer stores to find her something.  It can be a PITA, but she keeps reminding me that she's worth it.  She's right too, damn it.  B)

[Image: Sierra-Nevada-Trip-In-The-Woods-Narwhal-...-750ML.jpg]

[Image: owbpthd7ux8m.jpg]

Elijah Craig Bourbon on the rocks

Deschutes always shows up at Denver festivals. In fact it's the only beer you can get at the Highlands Street Fair. Solid brewery, good beers.

Grind up some coffee beans and put in some Bailey's on Sunday mornings. But winter in south Florida is a little different.  :p

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Deschutes always shows up at Denver festivals. In fact it's the only beer you can get at the Highlands Street Fair. Solid brewery, good beers.
Yeah, their Black Butte Porter has set the standard for anyone making porters.  They have a Red Chair Pale Ale that I really like too.  That's one brewery that I'd love to go visit their tap room.  There are many, but Deschutes is on my list.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Grind up some coffee beans and put in some Bailey's on Sunday mornings. But winter in south Florida is a little different.  :p
I agree.  I do that very same thing for my "to go" cup sometimes at the lake cabin before I go out fishing in the morning.  Not a drop of that coffee goes to waste either.  It's frickin' delicious.