Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bookend For O'Neill?
Jawaan Taylor - T - GatorsFlorida junior T Jawaan Taylor declared for the 2019 NFL Draft.
It's not a big surprise, as Taylor (6'5/349) is considered one of the best offensive linemen in this class, and helped Florida roll over Michigan in the Peach Bowl on Saturday. Reports from analysts like Charlie Campbell note that he has impressed with his size, mobility and ability to be more than a space-taker as a blocker. Campbell projects him to go third overall in his latest mock, but most analysts seem to believe he's going to be a mid-first round pick, with a chance to go higher, obviously, if he tests well.Source: Blake Alderman on Twitter

With talk of O'Neill flipping sides and Reiff kicking inside, landing a RT like Taylor and a return to form by Elf could solve a lot of issues...find another G Day two/FA and the OL rebuild is complete... 

Anything close to this would put me in SUCH a better frame of mind for the team to start the 2019 season. 

The freakin OL needs to be addressed, otherwise I'll be leading the charge, pitchfork in hand, to oust Spielman myself...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The freakin OL needs to be addressed, otherwise I'll be leading the charge, pitchfork in hand, to oust Spielman myself...
No doubt. I'll be right there making sure your pitchfork is sharpened.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Are you sure you want to sharpen them?  Maybe dull ones would hurt more. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'll help with a swift kick to Rick's cods if he doesn't address the offensive line this off season...

Getting Easton back will help too... 

I'm not buying Reiff kicking inside or even moving to the right...

how nice would that be?  Throw in a new OL
coach and maybe a player for player trade (I know this isnt Madden) for a high quality G would be great. 

Mix in Isodora, Collins, Easton, Jones and a rookie T as the backup bunch.  Should
make for a nice OL

ONeill-Reiff-Elf-Traded G-Taylor would be a stout OL

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm not buying Reiff kicking inside or even moving to the right...
Honestly, me either. Just cut his ass in the offseason. I mean that seriously. The team has to want to do better than Reiff to get where they want to be.

He's a problem, not the solution. Not sure that's what you are alluding to, but its my opinion.