Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well This Is Hughes News

Just 21 years old...A baby

Upside on this kid is right up there with XR...

We may look back on O'Neill and Hughes as quite the haul. 

The future definitely looks bright.  Now if we could "hit" on OL as often as we "hit" on DBs...

deal Rhodes for David DeCastro or some Pro bowl level guard and let Waynes, Hill, Highes, and Mac plus a new rookie CB handle the secondary

if we could add a starting premier OG to this line, we would have one hole on the OL to fill

Reiff-DeCastro-Elt-2nd Round Pick-ONeill

Quote: @Skodin said:
deal Rhodes for David DeCastro or some Pro bowl level guard and let Waynes, Hill, Highes, and Mac plus a new rookie CB handle the secondary

if we could add a starting premier OG to this line, we would have one hole on the OL to fill

It's funny how the option of trading XR is more palatable now than when I suggested it 4 months ago.  He was the most expendable piece that could bring the most value. 

As a fan,  I don't want to see him moved,  but it made the most sense then in terms of return value and cap relief.   Now I think Waynes will see Rhodes slip as an open wallet for himself and be less agreeable in negotiations,  not to mention the slip in Rhodes production will net less in conpensation.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

It's funny how the option of trading XR is more palatable now than when I suggested it 4 months ago.  He was the most expendable piece that could bring the most value. 

As a fan,  I don't want to see him moved,  but it made the most sense then in terms of return value and cap relief.   Now I think Waynes will see Rhodes slip as an open wallet for himself and be less agreeable in negotiations,  not to mention the slip in Rhodes production will net less in conpensation.
I was right there with you Jimmy. I think you and I were one of the very few who said lets trade XR for some ol help. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
The future definitely looks bright.  Now if we could "hit" on OL as often as we "hit" on DBs...
Pre Zimmer this franchise couldn't draft a decent corner if its life depended on it...

Hell, you'd have to go back to Browner, Lee and those days to field something decent.