Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danielle Hunter Rising: From Jamaica to Vikings Draft Project to the Pro Bowl
This week, the fourth-year defensive end out of LSU made his first Pro Bowl. An NFC front-office man says Hunter is easily the best player on the Minnesota defense, which is one of the better units in the league. He is tied with J.J. Watt and Von Miller for second in the league in sacks (14.5) behind only Aaron Donald (16.5). 
He may not be a household name like those players, but his transcendence is evident in his pass rush, in his body and in his character.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

&feature=player_embedded

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This week, the fourth-year defensive end out of LSU made his first Pro Bowl. An NFC front-office man says Hunter is easily the best player on the Minnesota defense, which is one of the better units in the league. He is tied with J.J. Watt and Von Miller for second in the league in sacks (14.5) behind only Aaron Donald (16.5). 
He may not be a household name like those players, but his transcendence is evident in his pass rush, in his body and in his character.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral
Good share, pf, thanks.  Great article.

It still blows my mind he's only 24 years old, I forget he was drafted at only 20.  Not even into his grown man body and strength yet and he's ragdolling OT's.  Great article thanks for posting.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
It still blows my mind he's only 24 years old, I forget he was drafted at only 20.  Not even into his grown man body and strength yet and he's ragdolling OT's.  Great article thanks for posting.
Anyone see the one-armed stiff arm he gave the Miami OT that pushed him backward on his ass? Pure power. ONE ARM.

We may be one day talking about Hunter the way we talk about Millard, Doleman, Page etc.

Best of the best of the best. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
Anyone see the one-armed stiff arm he gave the Miami OT that pushed him backward on his ass? Pure power. ONE ARM.
I actually had that play in mind when I wrote that.  Totally different body type and playing style, but the flash of power reminded me of Reggie White in GB tossing the Pats OT aside in the SB ... except Reggie was 300 lbs and Hunter is 260.  And Reggie had quickness for a man his size, but he doesn't have that quickness and speed of a 4.5 40 that Hunter does.

Hunter is kind of like the Diggs version of a DE.  They both strike absolute fear into the hearts of an opponent because they can get up on you so fast with speed, set you up with footwork and force you to commit to a direction and then counter off what you do.  Hunter's starting to develop an inside move and not just relying on his speed to loop around the outside and it's why his sack numbers jumped this year.