Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tillerson says US willing to talk to NK
Tillerson, speaking at the State Department press briefing, stressed that the US was not seeking regime change or looking to send its military "north of the 38th parallel" that divides North and South Korea. But he emphasized that the danger posed by Pyongyang, which test fired two Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles in July, was unacceptable. 

"We do not seek regime change. We do not seek an accelerated reunification of the peninsula. We do not seek an excuse to send our military north of the 38th parallel," Tillerson said during a surprise visit to the agency's briefing room on Tuesday. 
"We are not your enemy, we are not your threat, but you are presenting an unacceptable threat to us and we have to respond," Tillerson said, speaking to North Korea directly. "We would like to sit and have a dialogue about the future." 

"Our other options," Tillerson added, "are not attractive." 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politics/t...index.html

I think we're getting to the point where this is coming to a head...

Trump is potentially faced with the choice of carnage on the Korean peninsula or North America. His choice is pretty clear if it comes down to this.

Graham: Military options are 'inevitable if North Korea continues'Washington (CNN)When asked about the US government's strategy on handling North Korea, GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham suggested Tuesday military options could be used to halt threats from the country.
"There is a military option to destroy North Korea's (missile) program and North Korea itself," Graham said on NBC's "Today" show. "If there's going to be a war to stop them, it will be over there. If thousands die, they're going to die over there, they're not going to die here and (President Donald Trump) told me that to my face."

He continued: "I'm saying (military options are) inevitable if North Korea continues."
But, he added, "You can stop North Korea militarily or diplomatically. I prefer the diplomatic approach."

As long as we have the support of china,  either voluntarily or though stricter economic dealings,  we can't afford to go to war with China.