Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith + Griff + XR = $103mm
Guaranteed $$$

thats a lot of cash

Not mine so don't care.   The team is worth Billions...  

Got to keep the nucleus together, they have a great defense and need to keep as many of these guys as possible.

I'd rather spend $103 million guaranteed on Smith, Griffin, and Rhodes than, say, Suh, Maxwell, and Tannehill. 

These contracts are all very team friendly with less guaranteed than other contracts around the league and front loaded deals to take advantage of the youth we have now that will need to be paid later. Get Linval done in the 10mm (geno atkins) to 15mm (jurell Casey) per year range with about 30mm guaranteed and we are set to redo Kendricks and Barr next year pending health and performance.

Brez really is amazing, dude has us set up perfectly to keep this Defense and young core of offensive players over the next 5 years. Most people aren't comparing to contracts adjusted for the salary cap inflation either. The cap went up around 8% this year yet EG and XR signed deals with less guaranteed than others with similar performance and also less per year than others that signed a year ago. Smith too even though he signed last year. Great cap work IMO and shows the young guys you will take care of them ahead of any contract disputes or tags or anything like that if they work hard and perform in their roles.

Quote: @quattrovike said:
These contracts are all very team friendly with less guaranteed than other contracts around the league and front loaded deals to take advantage of the youth we have now that will need to be paid later. Get Linval done in the 10mm (geno atkins) to 15mm (jurell Casey) per year range with about 30mm guaranteed and we are set to redo Kendricks and Barr next year pending health and performance.

Brez really is amazing, dude has us set up perfectly to keep this Defense and young core of offensive players over the next 5 years. Most people aren't comparing to contracts adjusted for the salary cap inflation either. The cap went up around 8% this year yet EG and XR signed deals with less guaranteed than others with similar performance and also less per year than others that signed a year ago. Smith too even though he signed last year. Great cap work IMO and shows the young guys you will take care of them ahead of any contract disputes or tags or anything like that if they work hard and perform in their roles.
I will take your word on the numbers.  But as you say, good to keep the nucleus together.  Will Kendricks be on his last year next year?  For some reason (maybe his stellar play) I thought he was a first rounder. 

Gonna have to keep drafting well as we won't be able to keep everyone.  Offense is gonna need some love.