Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Man of the Year

Rudy...Rudy...Rudy...

Good for Rudy - I'm a fan too!

Rudolphs have done an awful lot for the community. Good for them. 

I just watched this & was going to post it here. Thanks VG for sharing it. Kyle is truly an awesome human being. As others have said, he's compassionate, caring, & humble. He's given so much to the community & brightened up so many lives.   

like Greenway before him... more valuable to the community than anything they could ever do on the field.... however has any Viking ever won the NFL man of the year award?   I remember one year we had a finalist (might have been Greenway) and the guy they gave it to was in major legal trouble within a year or something like that that really made their decision look hokey at best.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
like Greenway before him... more valuable to the community than anything they could ever do on the field.... however has any Viking ever won the NFL man of the year award?   I remember on year we had a finalist (might have been Greenway) and the guy they gave it to was in major legal trouble within a year or something like that that really made their decision look hokey at best.
Cris Carter won it in 1999.

This was an amazing video and it really touched my heart. Sometimes we get mad at these guys when they don't perform the way we want or expect them to...sometimes we say things like we'd like to see them cut or put on the bench, or force them to take a salary cut because they need to be a "team guy." To me, Kyle Rudolph is a perfect example and the epitome of a "team guy." He represents our Vikings with complete class. He gives to the Twin Cities community and the State of Minnesota of his time, his money, and his friendship. What else could possibly make a player a "team guy??"
These men all play a game but outside of their on-field personas they are regular people who, in some cases, do extraordinary things. It's guys like Kyle that make the NFL much more to me than just professional athletes playing a game. There's definitely guys on our team, and throughout the NFL, past and present, who are making or have made a difference in peoples' lives.  I'm very thankful for those men.
Congratulations to Kyle on being named the Vikings' candidate for Walter Payton Man of the Year!

Congrats Rudy, definitely well deserved.