Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook Is For Real

Fun read about a player who sounds like he's going to be very fun to watch. It's early, but the Vikings may have struck gold here. 

This will get you...turgid...

Best play of the day: It won't make many highlight reels, but Dalvin Cook did something you don't see from many rookie running backs. During a goal-line play, he lined up to the left of quarterback Sam Bradford, who was in the shotgun. Before the snap, he read a blitz coming from the other side by linebacker Anthony Barr. Cook immediately ran toward Barr, put a solid full-pads block on him, and gave Bradford enough time to throw. That's the kind of play coaches will remember when deciding when and how much to use Cook early in the season.

Not trying to get nuts here, and I've mentioned some reservations about Cook prior, but if he's what some think he is, watch out. If the kid has 'want to' to go with the talent and picks things up quickly, how will they keep him off the field? A way to go yet for sure, its just early practices. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
This will get you...turgid...

[Image: bowsign.jpg]

I saw that play BN. Everyone around me was like did you see that? He has the skills no doubt. It's exciting to see him show it. He is looking like he is smart enough to make the most of the opportunity. Keep him working hard and focused and the possibilities are endless.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I saw that play BN. Everyone around me was like did you see that? He has the skills no doubt. It's exciting to see him show it. He is looking like he is smart enough to make the most of the opportunity. Keep him working hard and focused and the possibilities are endless.
Remember when AD routinely identified and picked up a blitzer?

Yeah, me either...

Hope your seating arrangement this year is easier on your ears...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
Remember when AD routinely identified and picked up a blitzer?

Yeah, me either...

Hope your seating arrangement this year is easier on your ears...
Lol. True that. It's all good with the seats. It was kind of cool to see Barr pat him on the head afterwards. A show of respect but a reminder that he has to step up. I know he was hurt but he knows he has to work. Cook's versatility is going to be an extra weapon.

Anyone else remember Dan Hildreth from The Viking Underground gushing about a rook wearing #18 at the 1998 Training Camp?

I do  B)

Solid football IQ