Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E.Griffen
Team leader, great to have him back on the field.  I'm glad for him the person to be back. 

All that said, I can't help but wonder if his best pass-rushing days are behind him and this DL would be better off with Weatherly and Hunter @ DE with EG as back-up?

Maybe this is one of those years where personal issues are going to take an effect on his on-field production...

Due to the challenges of this year and last seasons injuries, EG hasn't been able to produce like we've grown accustomed to. He might be near front of line for contract re-work. 

He's still a good player, just don't know if he's a force of nature anymore. And Hunter will be even BETTER at RDE. Its something the team is going to have to think about, Griffen is a prime candidate for a contract restructure. 

I've barely noticed Griff since his return.  If not a restructure, he might get released, if it makes more sense financially.

Perhaps he's now on medications that has limited his "edge".   And if the Vikings were nervous that he may blow up (mentally) on the field before the incident then it's possible they are still on edge waiting for it to happen again.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I've barely noticed Griff since his return.  If not a restructure, he might get released, if it makes more sense financially.
I think they will give him every chance to restructure given his performance history and recent health scare.  it would like absolutely shitty if the team just cut him without giving him the chance to restructure... so from what we know about spielman and loyalty to veteran players.... Ev better get his house on the market I guess.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
Perhaps he's now on medications that has limited his "edge".   And if the Vikings were nervous that he may blow up (mentally) on the field before the incident then it's possible they are still on edge waiting for it to happen again.
I wondered about this before he even returned.  I was wondering if an emotionally controlled Everson would not be able to play with the same intensity as the under/non medicated version.  Of course this may also just be Ev relearning how to get himself jacked up  without working against what ever him and his professional help have been working on to keep him a safe and sane father and husband.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
That's a possibility, but he hasn't been the same since his plantar fasicitis last season. I think he is still playing fairly well, just not what we have been used to seeing.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
I think they will give him every chance to restructure given his performance history and recent health scare.  it would like absolutely shitty if the team just cut him without giving him the chance to restructure... so from what we know about spielman and loyalty to veteran players.... Ev better get his house on the market I guess.
Name other players that Rick.shafted comtract-wise. 

Weatherly has certainly grown into a good DE.  I think Griff should be a sub right now.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
Name other players that Rick.shafted comtract-wise. 
BRob off the top of my head