Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Retiring as Buckeyes Coach

Not surprised. The guy has medical issues and his stress levels have probably shortened his life span significantly. This high achieving perfectionists can burn brightly and then come crashing down. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not surprised. The guy has medical issues and his stress levels have probably shortened his life span significantly. This high achieving perfectionists can burn brightly and then come crashing down. 
Brutal profession to get into... :o

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I get all that. He said the same thing when he "retired" at Florida. Then he found the strength to coach 7 more years after leaving. The mess he left behind for the Gators had nothing to do with it. 
He was already suspended this year. They got a look at his replacement. If I was a OSU fan I would be looking over my shoulder. NCAA investigators may be close by.
Anyhow I'll let it go. Good luck and enjoy this retirement.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
I get all that. He said the same thing when he "retired" at Florida. Then he found the strength to coach 7 more years after leaving. The mess he left behind for the Gators had nothing to do with it. 
He was already suspended this year. They got a look at his replacement. If I was a OSU fan I would be looking over my shoulder. NCAA investigators may be close by.
No, its a good point. Urban is dirty, no getting around it. It could be that for sure. 

Talk already is that he's sitting out a year, and will show up at USC in a year. It's Urb's schtick. He's a helluva coach, and a huge douchebag that leaves slime in his wake. Medical issues my ass...

@StickyBun said:
I hate the Gators and have zero love for Myers but you guys really need to some homework every once in a while.

Urban had Acid Reflux that wasn't diagnosed at UF. I followed it because I had recently experienced the exact same thing. It can send pain shooting to different parts of your body including your heart, which is why both Myers and myself were initially thought to be having pulmonary problems.

I got MRI'd, poked and prodded for months until some barely out of school doc figured it out when none of the other so called experts could. He put me on Nexium. Been fine ever since.

From what I read at the time it was pretty similar for Myers. He walked away from a dumpster fire of his own creation, no doubt. But once he was properly diagnosed and medicated that very legit medical issue went away.

I similarly don't think he's faking a cyst issue. He's at his dream job and his main rival is Harbaugh, who seems utterly unable to adapt his football team to the changing times. Why leave that?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:
I hate the Gators and have zero love for Myers but you guys really need to some homework every once in a while.

Urban had Acid Reflux that wasn't diagnosed at UF. I followed it because I had recently experienced the exact same thing. It can send pain shooting to different parts of your body including your heart, which is why both Myers and myself were initially thought to be having pulmonary problems.

I got MRI'd, poked and prodded for months until some barely out of school doc figured it out when none of the other so called experts could. He put me on Nexium. Been fine ever since.

From what I read at the time it was pretty similar for Myers. He walked away from a dumpster fire of his own creation, no doubt. But once he was properly diagnosed and medicated that very legit medical issue went away.

I similarly don't think he's faking a cyst issue. He's at his dream job and his main rival is Harbaugh, who seems utterly unable to adapt his football team to the changing times. Why leave that?
Did I say he faked it?
His thug teams at Florida turned into some of the worse examples of NFL image problems. Then he reportedly turned in his former team and a friend to the NCAA. Yeah great guy. Stay retired.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busines...ida-2012-4

@FSUVike said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:

Did I say he faked it?
You sure as heck.alluded to it by putting retired in quotes and via the comment that he found the strength to coach 7 more years.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@suncoastvike said:
@FSUVike said:
@suncoastvike said:
@StickyBun said:

Did I say he faked it?
You sure as heck.alluded to it by putting retired in quotes and via the comment that he found the strength to coach 7 more years.
I insinuated that he quit because he knew trouble was coming and used health as an excuse. Said I was sceptical of why a year later he's healthy enough to coach 7 more years. Just making my point he's a lier. "Retire" doesn't mean a year off.