Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gillette sadium
anyone from the board at the game today

my son and I have tickets in section 333

How'd it go today / fan experience at Gillette for a visiting fan?

It was really enjoyable. My son wore is Treadwell Jersey, I had on a WOO racing shirt. The fans in our area were about 40% Vikings and 60% Pats. There was a little rubbing to us but all in good fun. Nothing bad. No insults. The guy beside me, was a real nice dude. We talked about Robert Smith, Steve Jordan, Johnny Most, and Gronk. He said Gronk is very popular and good with the fans, he wonders when Gronk will go the WEE. He was afraid our D would shut Brady down. He did laugh at our kickers. I was lamenting the fact that we were not getting any pressure on Brady, and he said, nobody really does, because if he can't find a receiver within 2 seconds, he will throw it awhile or into the ground, said Brady does not like to get hit. The stadium is nice. The fog/mist and the lights created a unique atmosphere. When it did get loud it was from the PA dude requesting noise or there screens imploring the fans to get loud. Not sure if that is normal operating procedure at NFL stadiums or not, just seemed odd to me.

The fans going in and out of the stadium and walking around the concourse we all polite and basically everyone minded their own business.

At the airport on the way home I did overhear some Vikings fans complaining about the Pat fans behavior at the game, but we did not see anything like that.

Game thoughts. OL is a sieve, which we all knew. My son was wondering if Bailey was going to pouch punt, because he could not find the holder. Cousins did have some time a few plays and still did not pull the trigger. He also missed Diggs wide open a few times as well.

Fist play of the game seemed to set the tone for the offense.

The Pats D had everyone within 8-10 yards of LOS and we still could not get a pass deep on them.

Cook is damn quick/fast.

They went after Sherrells as soon as he went into the game.

The two pass plays into the end zone sure looked like PI in real time. They very quickly showed the replays. Not sure how it looked on TV.

We probably got a break on that 4 down spot, that gave us a first down.

On the play that Smith blitzed and knocked Brady down, the ref about torn is hammy out of his leg running up to Brady to help him up. I didn't think much of that. Pretty much tells me that those few special QB's get a lot of extra breaks others do not. I was also expecting a flag.

Our play calling is puzzling to say the least.

Overall it was a good experience. 

Quote: @"FessVike" said:
It was really enjoyable. My son wore is Treadwell Jersey, I had on a WOO racing shirt. The fans in our area were about 40% Vikings and 60% Pats. There was a little rubbing to us but all in good fun. Nothing bad. No insults. The guy beside me, was a real nice dude. We talked about Robert Smith, Steve Jordan, Johnny Most, and Gronk. He said Gronk is very popular and good with the fans, he wonders when Gronk will go the WEE. He was afraid our D would shut Brady down. He did laugh at our kickers. I was lamenting the fact that we were not getting any pressure on Brady, and he said, nobody really does, because if he can't find a receiver within 2 seconds, he will throw it awhile or into the ground, said Brady does not like to get hit. The stadium is nice. The fog/mist and the lights created a unique atmosphere. When it did get loud it was from the PA dude requesting noise or there screens imploring the fans to get loud. Not sure if that is normal operating procedure at NFL stadiums or not, just seemed odd to me.

The fans going in and out of the stadium and walking around the concourse we all polite and basically everyone minded their own business.

At the airport on the way home I did overhear some Vikings fans complaining about the Pat fans behavior at the game, but we did not see anything like that.

Game thoughts. OL is a sieve, which we all knew. My son was wondering if Bailey was going to pouch punt, because he could not find the holder. Cousins did have some time a few plays and still did not pull the trigger. He also missed Diggs wide open a few times as well.

The Pats D had everyone within 8-10 yards of LOS and we still could not get a pass deep on them.

Cook is damn quick/fast.

The two pass plays into the end zone sure looked like PI in real time. They very quickly showed the replays. Not sure how it looked on TV.

On the play that Smith blitzed and knocked Brady down, the ref about torn is hammy out of his leg running up to Brady to help him up. I didn't think much of that. Pretty much tells me that those few special QB's get a lot of extra breaks others do not. I was also expecting a flag.

Thanks for the run down.  Glad you and your son haD and enjoyable day despite how your team played.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FessVike" said:

Cook is damn quick/fast.

Thanks for the run down.  Glad you and your son haD and enjoyable day despite how your team played.
What Jimmy you no longer claiming them...!?  Wink B)

Ha, I was wondering that as well

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"FessVike" said:

Cook is damn quick/fast.

What Jimmy you no longer claiming them...!?  Wink B)
well... some days its easier than others.....  B)

You mean, like game days!! :/