Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously, how cool has the Skol chant become at U.S. Bank?
Everyone gets involved in the stadium, super loud and then the Gjallarhorn? Pretty crazy that this has caught on so quick and strong. The TV broadcast almost always shows it and hypes it nationally. Its actually fun and gets everyone hyped.

I thought it was going to be contrived and lame at first.  I was probably at the first game it was tried and it was kind awkward but it has gotten me now.  I've even seen it in some the local bars.  They had it going on at both the Timberwolves and Wild games last year.  It's officially cool.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
I thought it was going to be contrived and lame at first.  I was probably at the first game it was tried and it was kind awkward but it has gotten me now.  I've even seen it in some the local bars.  They had it going on at both the Timberwolves and Wild games last year.  It's officially cool.
Yep, when I first heard about it, I thought for sure it was going to be lame. 

Honestly, part of me wants to get to a game just to partake in this chant. It looks super cool. Hopefully not a lame wish of mine... LOL

US Bank nothing....When Joe Buck goes on Thursday night football and says"Here in Los Angeles, we just heard the SKOL chant"
you've gotta know it's a damn good thing.

It's turned out to be a fantastic and cool addition to the tradition of the team that will last 'forever.'  It's nice to have a great fight song AND this.  It sure beats some of that lame garbage like the Eagles song, or worse yet, the Jets.  "Durr, we can spell Jets. Listen... J E T S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!"  Hearing that irks me more than drunk idiots chanting USA all the damn time at the Olympics. 

We were at the regular season stadium opener against Green Bay on a Sunday night. The Skol chant WAS awkward at first. No one seemed to have the timing down.

We were doing it but it didn't feel natural yet. Now, when I watch it on TV, everybody's rocking it. Looking so forward to our next visit.

Also want to see more of the stadium. We didn't spend enough time roaming the entire stadium. We'll go in earlier the next time.

THIS makes it COOOOOl!  These are our relatives doing it.  Nice that they were willing to share this with us.

I was fortunate enough to attend the Packers game last year (yes the Barr hit on Rodgers) and experience the SKOL chant in person.  It was very cool and...quite bonding.  It's weird to think or even say, but as the video shows, the meaning and heritage of the chant is what makes it really cool and captivating.  I'm excited to have this be a part of the new Viking tradition and thankful that the Icelanders approved the use for our beloved team.

How cool is it knowing that a whole country is behind this team, due to a chant?