Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GQ Ariticle: Kirk Cousins might never get it
This is a great article and sums up exactly how I'm feeling about this season. 

https://www.gq.com/story/kirk-cousins-might-never-get-it

If you don't have any interest in clicking on the link, this pretty much sums up this enigma of a season better than anything else I've read.

We’re at the point in the NFL season where we know basically what every team is. The Saints and Chiefs are offensive juggernauts. The Packers are a mess. The Chargers are frauds. The Steelers are rounding into Steelers-like form, as they always do. The Jaguars suck. The Bears are the new Eagles. The Eagles are the new toilet. And the Minnesota Vikings are a talented team that pathologically commits HORRIBLE turnovers and spends entire games frantically trying to clean up their own messes. They are infuriating and they are, in every way, emblematic of the quarterback they gave $84 million to this offseason.

GQ, what they don’t like the way he dresses...?  B) 

F*** GQ.  But as an organization, not since Denny's teams have I seen a killer, go-for-it attitude.  Certainly not this year.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
F*** GQ.  But as an organization, not since Denny's teams have I seen a killer, go-for-it attitude.  Certainly not this year.
I find myself coming back to this notion time and time again this season. Maybe it's his sudden passing that makes me keep thinking of him. When he was our coach I was always angry with him. Now I think he was just 20 years before his time. He would be kill'en it in today's NFL. He did know how to attack. With these new rules he would score 600 points in a season with some of his teams.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
When it mattered a lot? 

The Sheriff took a knee...

That’s a nice message board rant disguised as an online
magazine article.  The Vikings hit him
right in the feels apparently.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Ralphie said:
When it mattered a lot? 

I think people remember the Denny that they want to and not the entire Denny experience when they look back so fondly,  I remember pulling my hair out at times with the decisions he made both offensively and as a head coach. (both on and off the field.  CC and Moss made Denny much more than anything Denny did in terms of play calling and game planning IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Ralphie said:
When it mattered a lot? 

CC and Moss made Denny much more than anything Denny did in terms of play calling and game planning IMO.
Not to mention Steussie/McDaniel/Big K/Christy/Dixon

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Ralphie said:
When it mattered a lot? 

CC and Moss made Denny much more than anything Denny did in terms of play calling and game planning IMO.
Not to mention Steussie/McDaniel/Big K/Christy/Dixon

We used to have an offensive line, didn't we...(sigh).... Sad

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Ralphie said:
When it mattered a lot? 

I think people remember the Denny that they want to and not the entire Denny experience when they look back so fondly,  I remember pulling my hair out at times with the decisions he made both offensively and as a head coach. (both on and off the field.  CC and Moss made Denny much more than anything Denny did in terms of play calling and game planning IMO.
I was a Denny basher as well. Like him or not he is in my mind the 2nd most consistent coach we've had. Only one losing season. 8 playoff appearances in 11 years. He started out winning with defense if you remember. Then built a record setting offense. If we had him and that offense today with these rules... That's my point.
I'm not just waxing nostalgic here. He was a pretty decent coach who never did what ANY Viking coach did before or after. Win a championship. Lets judge him on that. He right behind Bud...imo.