Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile....
 WILL HERNANDEZNEW YORK GIANTS – 72.9 OVERALL GRADEThrough eight weeks, Hernandez’s overall grade of 72.9 is not only the highest grade among rookie guards this year, but it’s also the 14th-best mark ever recorded by a rookie guard over the first half a campaign. Through eight games, Hernandez has been a bright spot on an otherwise putrid offensive line and has allowed 13 pressures on 350 pass-blocking snaps. He’s also provided support for Barkley and the Giants’ ground game, earning a 67.5 run-blocking grade – the best mark among rookie guards this year.

didn’t need him

Do the Giants run a Zone Blocking Scheme?

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:

Our blocking last night was a scheme??

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
i hear ya fsu.  he was a draft crush that i wanted in spite of our scheme. his very good pass blocking grade would not suffer between schemes, and one thing i know is he is a mauler if he gets his hands on you

But scheme fit matters. You can't just stick a Cover 2 Corner into a Press Man scheme.

And you can't just stick a one-on-one phone booth mauler into a system requiring a lot of movement.

Hernandez moves well for his size. That doesn't mean he moves well enough to fit the system.

There's also the deeper question of Coaching. As in, without Sparano does Minnesota actually have any?

Izzy has regressed. Jones, a proven League Average Starter, rides the pine in favor of slugs like Compton and Remmers.

Kudos for whatever role they've played in getting O'Neill up to speed. That's about the only thing they've done right.