Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So where is the Viking's signature win?
The Eagles are 4-6, so it sure isn't that game. They've beaten garbage teams and have gotten rolled by the good teams. Looking at it right now with hindsight and perspective, doesn't look very good. 

I mean, if you are going to tell me to hold out hope, this is a good team, where is the win this season that shows the team is better than their record? I'm searching, but I'm not seeing it.

[Image: looking-for-something-searching-man_rq_4...full08.png]

We have no running game. As long as that continues I don't see how we will succeed. Cook and Murray can't see any daylight.
Oh, and Dalvin needs to hang onto the damn ball. I wonder how the game could have went had he not fumbled down there on the 14.
I will wave the white flag if we don't draft some more O-line this offseason...O-line and linebackers, we need more of both.

Signature win, the team needs an identity before we get to that point. They have some offensive weapons but they need an OL that isn't offensive. The defense needs to adapt not only to rule changes but changing offenses. There is a lot of talent on both sides of the ball but it's still a work in progress. 

KC had to throw what? 48? 45? 50 times last night?

No Sticky, there is no signature win. I don't think the Vikings have beaten a team with a winning record this season. 

There are some players who are shining despite this up and down season. Thielen and Diggs are shining. Stephen Weatherly is shining. I thought Anthony Harris shined last night and I find myself hoping he replaces Dejo permanently. Hunter is shining. Trae Waynes is playing pretty well. Brian O'Neill is looking like a pretty good find. Aldrick Robinson is Carter lite (all he catches is touchdowns). Beebe can be a spark. Dan Bailey seems to have settled in.
Who seems off: Xavier Rhodes, Eric Kendricks, sometimes Harrison Smith, at times Pat Elflein (probably still recovering from his surgeries).
Who sucks: Treadwell (though he's sucked less this season when you examine his illustrious career to this point) and all guards on the roster.  
Who can't do enough because of his situation but really has to shoulder a bit of the suck: Kirk Cousins.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
There are some players who are shining despite this up and down season. Thielen and Diggs are shining. Stephen Weatherly is shining. I thought Anthony Harris shined last night and I find myself hoping he replaces Dejo permanently. Hunter is shining. Trae Waynes is playing pretty well. Brian O'Neill is looking like a pretty good find. Aldrick Robinson is Carter lite (all he catches is touchdowns). Beebe can be a spark. Dan Bailey seems to have settled in.
Who seems off: Xavier Rhodes, Eric Kendricks, sometimes Harrison Smith, at times Pat Elflein (probably still recovering from his surgeries).
Who sucks: Treadwell (though he's sucked less this season when you examine his illustrious career to this point) and all guards on the roster.  
Who can't do enough because of his situation but really has to shoulder a bit of the suck: Kirk Cousins.
Kirk is good QB that will never be a HOF'er. That is what it is. Not every team can have two in a row. Those are the guys that totally carry a team. Not enough of them to go around. So you make the best of what is available. Kirk is right in the 2nd tier behind those great ones. We can win with him. They need to build a line around him. Open holes for the running game. Then he will be worth the cost.
I agree with pretty much everything you say here. X seems not himself. Somethings wrong. I believe when we find out it will make sense. He's going to be a great one again and for several more years. Maybe just not this one. Elf is still struggling with injuries that will take a full off season of not rehabbing to go away. Him and O'neil are the future building blocks for the new line.
And yes Treadwell sucks. Sucking less is not enough to bring him back.

There is no excuse for the performance last night. Coming out of a bye with that performance is absolutely unacceptable. Cousins was awful. Offensive line was atrocious. Defense took way too long to get going and then sputtered again late in the game. 

Neglecting the offensive line is really not excusable either. Time to move on from Spielman as GM and frankly I am about done with Zimmer as head coach as well. I just don't think Zimmer is a head coach in this league. I think he is a fantastic DC but for all the love and rah rah he gets.... One playoff win in 5 years? No thanks. I'm sure we will draft another CB this year because......

I get that we have had injuries but too many times this year I've watch a team come out that was completely not prepared to play the game. I hate starting over with front office and coaching stuff but I think we've seen the peak of what this current set up can achieve.