Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MNF - Booger
I never really get a chance to watch MNF...always at football practice, but tonight the boys are off.....

I'm thinking......"who is that third commentator guy?  Ugh?"
some of his "color commentary" has me like....."wha.?"
Has a real knack for stating the painfully obvious, after the other commentators said the same thing. 

So I felt annoyed enough and googled it....Booger McFarland.

seriously?

We have a guy like that at work....we call him "2 cents"

someone says something......2 cents repeats it
someone else adds a point or two.....2 cents repeats it
another department member offers a counterpoint.....2 cents repeats it

Gets old. Other opinions on Booger?

agree,  he adds nothing to the broadcast

Lol 2 cents and lol at Booger. 

Amazing how the MNF gig went from premiering the "A" list talent to amateur night at the Improv. Has TNF made MNF irrelevant?

I've heard Booger talk on a few national sports talk shows (radio) and he's much more insightful and knowledgable in that format. Its not coming across on MNF. He's actually very good talking about college football, interesting takes. But he's just not either comfortable or the TV format isn't working with his particular skill set. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Amazing how the MNF gig went from premiering the "A" list talent to amateur night at the Improv. Has TNF made MNF irrelevant?
I completely agree.  The Sunday night matchups seem way more interesting, and MNF now has the "B" movie feel.  It's hardly watchable for me.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
not TNF,  espn has made mnf irrelevant.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've heard Booger talk on a few national sports talk shows (radio) and he's much more insightful and knowledgable in that format. Its not coming across on MNF. He's actually very good talking about college football, interesting takes. But he's just not either comfortable or the TV format isn't working with his particular skill set. 
wonder if his stuff is scripted for him.  3rd wheel on a 2 man broadcast team isn't going to get much time, so who knows what they have drawn up for him.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
wonder if his stuff is scripted for him.  3rd wheel on a 2 man broadcast team isn't going to get much time, so who knows what they have drawn up for him.
if they are going to have a 3rd guy in the booth,  make them unique like dennis miller was,  give them a purpose outside of what the other two are there to do.

No sure about this Booger guy, but i have heard of Boogers in in Alabama