Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Mauer hanging up the cleats

Great story ! Every little boys dream growing up in Minnesota
There were some on the interwebs who worried about his salary, as if they had to pay it
but he more than delivered
Now he can afford a new set of knees !

I'm a Royals fan but have always liked the Twins since the Killebrew days. Joe was a player's player....class and professionalism that regrettably is becoming a rare commodity in major league sports today.

Well done, Joe.  Well done.

Good times bad times I know I've had my share.

When he was good he was very good. I'm glad he was a Twin.

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
There were some on the interwebs who worried about his salary, as if they had to pay it
it wasnt so much about him making that much money... it was frustration in knowing that his performance didnt live up to that salary and the cheap fuckers that owned the team would not be ponying up more scratch on top of what they were paying him.   the state of minnesota should sue the pohlads for breech since they never really lived up to the intent of the financial agreement when the state helped build them target field.   they got a world class ball park and they were supposed to deliver a world class team,  instead they were right back to their penny pinching ways within about 2 seasons.  so frustrating to be a Twins fan.

best of luck Joe in whatever you decide to do the rest of your life.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Maple Surple" said:
it wasnt so much about him making that much money... it was frustration in knowing that his performance didnt live up to that salary and the cheap fuckers that owned the team would not be ponying up more scratch on top of what they were paying him.   the state of minnesota should sue the pohlads for breech since they never really lived up to the intent of the financial agreement when the state helped build them target field.   they got a world class ball park and they were supposed to deliver a world class team,  instead they were right back to their penny pinching ways within about 2 seasons.  so frustrating to be a Twins fan.

best of luck Joe in whatever you decide to do the rest of your life.
Pretty hard to field a team of All Stars in a small market the way the system is, which Joe jad no control of. Lets celebrate a home town boy done good & whine about MLB in another place