Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Expected...
Hunter is having an incredible season so far.  No way did I think he'd be this good.

[Image: usatsi_11595270.jpg]

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sports/danielle-hunter-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-week-after-dominating-detroit

Danielle Hunter named NFC Defensive Player of the Week after dominating DetroitHunter is on pace to finish with 21 sacks.

As if there was any doubt, the NFL announced Wednesday what we all knew was coming: Danielle Hunter has won the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award. 
Hunter
dominated the Lions, sacking quarterback Matthew Stafford 3.5 times and
returning a fumble for 32-yard touchdown. According to the Vikings, Hunter is the first player in nearly 40 years (1982) to finish a game with at least nine tackles, 3.5 sacks and a touchdown. 
Hunter leads the NFL with 11.5 sacks and is on pace to finish with 21 sacks. Not bad for a guy who recently turned 24 years old. 
The NFL single-season sack record is 22.5, set by Giants great Michael Strahan in 2001. 
Ex-Viking Jared Allen nearly broke the record in 2009 when he had 22 sacks, which is the all-time record for the Vikings.

Also a very humble young man that credits his coaches and teammates for his success.

I didn't think so either. And he can get better, seriously. He still doesn't have that edge lean to the QB that the great ones have. Taking nothing away from the line against the Lions, but the coverage was outstanding and Stafford held the ball too long on many plays. 

Hunter is an amazing athlete with the work ethic to match. Humble kid. Only 24 years old, lol. Crazy.

Quote: @HappyViking said:

The NFL single-season sack record is 22.5, set by Giants great Michael Strahan in 2001. 
Ex-Viking Jared Allen nearly broke the record in 2009 when he had 22 sacks, which is the all-time record for the Vikings.

Well, since they started recognizing sacks as an official stat anyway.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Also a very humble young man that credits his coaches and teammates for his success.
No doubt. 

Every interview I've seen with him he is constantly deflecting the praise of his play and crediting his teammates.

Glad we've got him extended.

Not surprising at all and well deserved. Hard to think how he could top a day like that. 
I won't even take away anything because the Lion's Oline sucks. Cuz they really do.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Not surprising at all and well deserved. Hard to think how he could top a day like that. 
I won't even take away anything because the Lion's Oline sucks. Cuz they really do.
Actually that line had surrendered a season total of 13 sacks, prior to getting destroyed by the Purple! 

Quote: @Kentis said:p
@suncoastvike said:
Actually that line had surrendered a season total of 13 sacks, prior to getting destroyed by the Purple! 
Actually this is surprising how bad they looked Sunday. I never really looked at them till then. Guess I need to give Hunter and all our guys more credit then. I would of thought a lineman who gives up a sack with his own @ss backing into his QB had to rate pretty low. These guys got shoved around by our guys all day.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Ex-Viking Jared Allen nearly broke the record in 2009 when he had 22 sacks, which is the all-time record for the Vikings
In 2011 actually, the only reason to watch our games down the stretch that year...other than our rookie- and "soon-to-become Franchise"-QB *coughcough*

Quote: @GermanVike said:
@HappyViking said:
Ex-Viking Jared Allen nearly broke the record in 2009 when he had 22 sacks, which is the all-time record for the Vikings
In 2011 actually, the only reason to watch our games down the stretch that year...other than our rookie- and "soon-to-become Franchise"-QB *coughcough*

Good catch, German!