Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots Leading Rusher
The last two weeks. SMH. It won't last, right?

i assume it will.  CP is a street baller that could never learn the WR position.  You give him the rock and a crease and he will produce. great vision, home run speed, excellent toughness to stick his nose in there when the gap closes.  

I called his first year to be moved to the backfield.  im sure many others did also. Not surprising bellicheat figured out his highest and best use

He's a talented guy. He'll never be an NFL wide receiver, but he can do some damage in a Percy Harvin type role. 

I got the question in on Pete here years back.

I totally saw it. The way he runs through traffic on kick returns. The zones he needs to run through as a gadget player in college. His vision for blocks and holes on quick strikes, or quick tosses/touches. He's a big guy. He wasn't afraid of contact. For all of the finese he had as a runner, he had a nasty side willing to put his helmet down and smash people.

I feel like the NFL has evolved a bit where his pass catching ability as a running back suits him very well. RBs are spreading out and running routes more than ever and he naturally puts more real pressure out wide than an average RB does.

I saw some of the highlights and am interested in seeing what happens. He looked pretty impressive standing behind Brady and he looked elusive running through holes.

How is he doing in pass pro?

They didn't ask him to block once!

... i'm just kidding, i made that up.

Not a NFL WR and never will be. Gadget guy and talented, however. Complementary type.

In specific roles he is a talent,  take away the all world qb play and I think we would see different results.  This is more about the threat that Brady is than the talent that cpatt is imo.

Most all RBs look good with Brady at QB.

CP ran Ok, and is strong, but he had decent blocking.  Most of his yards came on consecutive carries on the same drive. The second half of that game he was shut down completely.   The Patriots RBs were all dinged up, so Flashy was nearly their only choice for a bit.

I'm not sure I'd trust him as an everydown RB, but he can make big plays for sure.

I do not think it will continue because Sony Michel is about to come back for them, but that should take nothing away from what he did against GB. It was awesome!
The Pats have about 4 RBs hurt right now. If that happened to us, we'd either be trading firsts for Le'veon (ew) or scrambling to find guys off practice squads (Ronnie Hillman, anyone?).
For CP, a guy already on their 53 man roster, to step up and become a serviceable RB is really impressive. Who do we have that could even try that for a set of downs? Probably no one.

Yeah he's more of a gadget guy than a traditional player. Definitely. But that gadget guy can return kicks, catch passes, and run the ball successfully in a pinch. Sounds like a gadget that's pretty darn handy to have around.