Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff To Return, Hill To Return To The Right Side
OF THE BENCH

Yes. Expecting O'Neill to stay at right tackle with Rashod Hill moving into backup/swing tackle role for the Lions game.Quote TweetTyler Carmer@CarmerSkolReplying to @CourtneyRCroninO’Neil going to continue starting at RT I assume?

Kids earned it. 

Good news.  O"Neill definitely has more upside and Hill should be no more than a backup.

Hallefuckinglujah 

I'm pretty sure benching O'Neill instead of Hill would be sufficient to put the coaching staff into phase 1 of the NFL's drug testing program.

Good on O'Neill, he'll continue to make incremental improvement. An unexpected upgrade this early in his career.

This is really huge when you think about it. Not that he's starting, that he's a developmental player who's proven himself capable of starting so early on. 6-7, long arms, 4.8 forty. Could be a franchise player if he keep getting bigger, stronger and better.  

Fantastic!!
I am tired of seeing Hill get blown past on the left side and leaving Cousins open to strip sacks and injury.  Get this O line back in shape and let's make a run through the second half of the season.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
This is really huge when you think about it. Not that he's starting, that he's a developmental player who's proven himself capable of starting so early on. 6-7, long arms, 4.8 forty. Could be a franchise player if he keep getting bigger, stronger and better.  
I mean it could all be that. Or our OL could be so bad that it just didnt take much to get a starting roll. 

As predicted during preseason.  O'Neill will replace Hill at RT early in the year.  Hill is not a starting Tackle.  

I also predicted that O'Neill will eventually be a starting LT after Reiff's contract runs out.  We will see about that one.  

Looks to be a very nice draft pick in the late second round to find a starting Tackle.  O'Neill was the 3rd Tackle taken in the draft after McGlintey and then Kolton Miller.  We passed on a couple Guards (that many were screaming for, like Hernandez with the Giants) and found a starting Tackle which are much harder to find in the draft.