Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford 5 for 8 vs Zimmer coached Vikings...
How dangerous is Matthew Stafford for the Vikings’ defense?
Matthew Stafford has mostly put together pedestrian performances against the Minnesota Vikings during Mike Zimmer’s tenure as head coach, even if the Detroit Lions’ franchise quarterback has often come away with wins.
In eight games since Zimmer took over in 2014, Stafford has never cleared 300 yards passing, but has won five contests, including going 2-for-2 at US Bank Stadium.

Both of his wins in the Vikings’ current building, however, required wild swings in the game which were often self-inflicted by Minnesota. In 2016, the Vikings left too much time on the clock when scoring a late go-ahead touchdown, opening the door for a Matt Prater 59-yard game-tying field goal. In overtime, recently-traded receiver Golden Tate front-flipped into the endzone to walk off on the Vikings.
Last year’s contest might have gone differently had Dalvin Cook’s ACL not torn, causing him to fumble in Minnesota territory.
Stafford only posted 87.6 and 81.2 quarterback ratings in those two games.
But as they say in investment commercials, past performance does not always predict future results.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/1...s-defense/

I am honestly not overly concerned about the lions this week.  I know any given sunday,  but with the bye week looming and coming off the loss to the saints,  IMO our team comes out and bitch slaps patricias kitties.

There are three possible outcomes, win, lose or tie. Shocking I know. I am going with a win. I really want to see them get this monkey off their backs. The second half of the season will show us if things come together or not. For some reason, I expect the defense to have a big game. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I am honestly not overly concerned about the lions this week.  I know any given sunday,  but with the bye week looming and coming off the loss to the saints,  IMO our team comes out and bitch slaps patricias kitties.
I think we win the next three. The Pats will be a shootout that can go either way. I'll call it a loss. And of the last four, we'll probably drop one of either @Seattle or @Detroit. 10-5-1.