Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So how about those "have never lost @ USB" Kitties?
What 'all thinking about this game? 

I'll state the obvious "it's a must win" contest...

Worried but excited. This is a must win. How else can you feel?

MN wins by ten.

Go into the bye week on a good note, get rested up and finish their remaining games 6-1, win the North and their first round playoff game. Momentum at an all time high, they crush the Saints and roll into LA for the NFCCG and avenge their earlier regular season loss. Proving that even LA can't buy a championship (I know they have some good drafted talent, don't cloud my dream scenario with fact).

Super Bowl home boy!

The Vikings win this game.  I'm so sure of it that I'm looking for tickets and the Vikings are undefeated when my family is at the game(got some logistics to work out so right now it's about 50/50 chance of attending.)

If we lose again,,,, ugh... things could get ugly.  Four, Four and One is no way to go thru life son... 

We need to be 2-1 in the next three games.. at worst.  Don't care which teams it is we beat but 6-4-1 is the minimum record needed to face Patriots and Seachickens at their homes in the following weeks.  A 3 game win streak would be best obviously, but 5-5-1 or 4-6-1 going into those games would not instill confidence in this season.  Not sure if a 9-6-1 record wins the north this year.   

If the Vikes lose this one, then this team is way worse than I ever thought possible.

Who knows which Lions team shows up? The one that beat the Patriots and Packers pretty handily? Or the one that was beaten by the Jets, 49ers and Seahawks? We should win this, but I'm just anxious to get everyone healthy, so we can see what this team really looks like.   

The keys have been Stafford scrambling for 1st Downs, screen plays and Jones/Tate performing better against the CBs than more high profile WRs usually do.

Put a damn spy on Stafford if you have to. His wheels are seriously underrated and it's good practice for when the team plays Wilson and Runnin  Mitch Trubisky twice.

The D-Line paying attention to screens is also important.

But #1 is starting to be a trend: untimely turnovers and bad penalties. Got to clean that up.

..and just in case anyone is interested, Lions corner Darius Slay is one of the best corners in the NFL. I haven't looked up his numbers this year yet, but last year he was the NFL's 3rd ranked corner in shadow coverage, behind only Patrick Peterson and Casey Heyward. 

Snacks Harrison came in last week and had a dominant game. A sack, 2 TFLs, was called "unblockable." Despite this, the Lions were still gashed for 176 yards rushing by the Seahawks. If they start to put together a more effective strategy around Harrison, they will be a much improved defensive team. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
The keys have been Stafford scrambling for 1st Downs, screen plays and Jones/Tate performing better against the CBs than more high profile WRs usually do.

Put a damn spy on Stafford if you have to. His wheels are seriously underrated and it's good practice for when the team plays Wilson and Runnin  Mitch Trubisky twice.

But #1 is starting to be a trend: untimely turnovers and bad penalties. Got to clean that up.
Well Tate is gone.  Not sure who the other WRs are now other than Jones.

At home, I expect us to hit stafford alot. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@FSUVike said:

Well Tate is gone.  Not sure who the other WRs are now other than Jones.

At home, I expect us to hit stafford alot. 
He's the guy I called the most underrated receiver in the 2017 draft. He was considered a late rounder, but was taken in the 3rd round by the Lions. And his name rhymes with "holiday."  Over the first five games he had 428 yards and 3 TDs. The last two games, he played a minor role. Nobody really knows why, but after yesterday's news, I think the Lions might have been trying to showcase Golden Tate. He's a player that Rhodes can probably shut down, but I'm not sure about anyone else. He's big, he's fast and he's a star in the making.