Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson passes Dorsett

AD is on pace for another 1,000 yard season. His 587 yards (4.6 average) is 5th best in the league, and he already has 5 TDs to to along with another 151 RECEIVING yards.

This doesn't sound like a washed up old wanna be player not knowing when to retire to me.

Good for AD for not quitting.  I'm betting the Redskins are thrilled they picked him up.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
AD is on pace for another 1,000 yard season. His 587 yards (4.6 average) is 5th best in the league, and he already has 5 TDs to to along with another 151 RECEIVING yards.

This doesn't sound like a washed up old wanna be player not knowing when to retire to me.

Good for AD for not quitting.  I'm betting the Redskins are thrilled they picked him up.
I loved the cheers he got at the stadium when they showed him running on the video boards. I am happy for him.

Quote: @HappyViking said:

Congrats AP. You are right it doesn't sound like an old washed up player. I didn't think he was anyway. Just like another player. To some people in the NFL over 30 means you're done. Bullshit, not for some players. Peterson and Gore are still starting RBs in this league and thriving.. Keep it going Adrian!! Make RS look like the dipshits duck that he is.

Maybe AP will join the Brady 40 club one day lol! 

I've always loved Peterson, but honestly haven't paid much attention to him since he left. Outta sight, outta mind I guess. But I got a chance to watch some highlights of his last game. Wow, he's running with the kind of speed, power, and footwork that I haven't seen from him in a few years now. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I've always loved Peterson, but honestly haven't paid much attention to him since he left. Outta sight, outta mind I guess. But I got a chance to watch some highlights of his last game. Wow, he's running with the kind of speed, power, and footwork that I haven't seen from him in a few years now. 
It looked like a rejuvinated player on sunday.   i think the Vikes are vindicated in their decision though since 2 teams have moved on from him since the Vikes made their decision.  Perhaps the bell finally went off in his brain that he was running out of time and he has made some changes to how he prepares and how he plays.  

maybe the "bells" that went off aren't a result of changes but constant participation? Getting his "feel" back for the game. Outside of his age, he never was the same player coming off of his suspension. He didn't hit the holes the same; he didn't even see them the same. Handoff, cloud of dust, repeat. 

Personally, I never saw a guy who was "wearing down." Not in the classical running back sense - where your knees hurt watching the guy trying to walk back to the huddle. He never looked like a guy worn down giving it everything he had left and struggling - he constantly ran into the backs of lineman, missed holes entirely and he was going down easily in the mess of bodies.

You don't have to be the biggest, the strongest or the fastest to get through holes as running back; but if you don't see them it doesn't matter how good you are athletically. You have to have a feel for the flow of the game and to me, that's been Adrian's biggest issue on the field. He'd lost it, and no one has the time or the patience to keep feeding him the ball until he figured it out. He has continued to grind through switching teams and maybe he's just getting his groove back.

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
maybe the "bells" that went off aren't a result of changes but constant participation? Getting his "feel" back for the game. Outside of his age, he never was the same player coming off of his suspension. He didn't hit the holes the same; he didn't even see them the same. Handoff, cloud of dust, repeat. 

Personally, I never saw a guy who was "wearing down." Not in the classical running back sense - where your knees hurt watching the guy trying to walk back to the huddle. He never looked like a guy worn down giving it everything he had left and struggling - he constantly ran into the backs of lineman, missed holes entirely and he was going down easily in the mess of bodies.

You don't have to be the biggest, the strongest or the fastest to get through holes as running back; but if you don't see them it doesn't matter how good you are athletically. You have to have a feel for the flow of the game and to me, that's been Adrian's biggest issue on the field. He'd lost it, and no one has the time or the patience to keep feeding him the ball until he figured it out. He has continued to grind through switching teams and maybe he's just getting his groove back.
no,  but I saw a guy that didnt look like he was working on his game... physical specimen yes,  but he had lost his vision and even when he did get loose,  he didnt look like he had the killer gear any more... so like I said,  maybe he is studying his play book and film more,  and perhaps he is doing more quick twitch stuff again and not as much strength training?  i dont know what he is doing,  but he isnt playing like the same guy was had his last couple years nor that guy we saw last year for the aints or cards.

Maybe he just needed a change of scenery and the right fit. He had it really good here for a long time and then things changed. I think having pitstops with other teams helped him recognize his changing role but also finding a home in Washington reinvigorated him. He seems more humble now and super motivated.