Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Jimmy likes that...
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/10555...7377943552&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2802856-this-is-how-rockets-could-actually-trade-4-draft-picks-for-jimmy-butler

Wolves would F up all 4 draft picks too...

I’m not a Wolves fan, but I would pass on that offer. Those picks will likely be spread out over as many as 7 years and the early years picks could me more like second round picks. With Butler, Houston will pick late in the round. Not sure there will be identifiable game changing talent on the board that late.   Let the season play out a little. Some faltering contender, maybe in the East where one pkayer can be a huge difference, will likely offer more. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
I’m not a Wolves fan, but I would pass on that offer. Those picks will likely be spread out over as many as 7 years and the early years picks could me more like second round picks. With Butler, Houston will pick late in the round. Not sure there will be identifiable game changing talent on the board that late.   Let the season play out a little. Some faltering contender, maybe in the East where one pkayer can be a huge difference, will likely offer more. 
ordinarily I would agree,  but Butler isnt going to take this team over the top and will walk after this season.  IMO the wolves should make it known that they are moving Butler by Dec 1st or whenever and tell teams that any offer may be taken sooner and just be done with it... in the meantime Taylor needs to hire a real GM and turn the decision on this matter over to him/her and be ready to start the rebuild over again next year.

hell after watching KAT 2 nights ago in toronto I would put him on the market as well... blow this bitch up and let a real bball mind have it.  they are entertaining right now,  but they wont be competing for any titles... they are a limbo team,  not good enough for a real legit shot at a title,  but not bad enough for a legit shot at good talent in the draft.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@dadevike said:
ordinarily I would agree,  but Butler isnt going to take this team over the top and will walk after this season.  IMO the wolves should make it known that they are moving Butler by Dec 1st or whenever and tell teams that any offer may be taken sooner and just be done with it... in the meantime Taylor needs to hire a real GM and turn the decision on this matter over to him/her and be ready to start the rebuild over again next year.

hell after watching KAT 2 nights ago in toronto I would put him on the market as well... blow this bitch up and let a real bball mind have it.  they are entertaining right now,  but they wont be competing for any titles... they are a limbo team,  not good enough for a real legit shot at a title,  but not bad enough for a legit shot at good talent in the draft.

I just do not know enough about the Wolves to say whether they need to be blown up.  But I agree re trading Butler. Unless he changes his mind and wants to re-sign long term, he should be traded this year. I just think they can get more than Houston is offering.  They think Butler will put them up with GS. OK, so that should come with a very steep price. Four late picks over 7 years is not much.  The Wolves may have been able to trade Butler for Leonard if Butler had made his feelings known earlier like Khawi did.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@dadevike said:

I just do not know enough about the Wolves to say whether they need to be blown up.  But I agree re trading Butler. Unless he changes his mind and wants to re-sign long term, he should be traded this year. I just think they can get more than Houston is offering.  They think Butler will put them up with GS. OK, so that should come with a very steep price. Four late picks over 7 years is not much.  The Wolves may have been able to trade Butler for Leonard if Butler had made his feelings known earlier like Khawi did.
I think Tibbs has run his course,  he tried to reassemble what failed in Chicago and his brand of basketball has once again failed.  IMO the best returns will be by taking the decision out of his hands and letting a gm type person handle the negotiations as that is likley the person that will be hiring the new coach and making the draft picks once Tibbs is gone after this season... might as well get that guy in here now if one is out there and available.  I agree the 4 firsts and the salaries that will come back wont likely be enough, but its  a jumping off point for negotiations.  The  wolves should also try and add some immediate bench help if nothing else or some young guys that might develope in a different system... but honestly,  the only teams that should be making this move are teams that are immediate contenders and the need for them to give up to much for a 1 year rental arent that high.

I'm thankful that I didn't live in Minnesota when the Timber Wolves were started. I have no allegiance to them. Wild either for that matter.
I'm stuck because of my cursed childhood with the Twins and Vikings. Least the Twins did win a couple. The Norths Stars had to leave before they won. Sorry guys can't share your grief with this team. Like I said have no allegiance and not looking to bring on more heartbreakers in my life.

Lol. I was listening to KFAN and a guy suggested not only this trade but trading Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins. I was like what the hell are you left with? And there is no guarantee that they would make the right picks either. Sure some would hit but it would still be stockpiling picks. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I'm thankful that I didn't live in Minnesota when the Timber Wolves were started. I have no allegiance to them. Wild either for that matter.
I'm stuck because of my cursed childhood with the Twins and Vikings. Least the Twins did win a couple. The Norths Stars had to leave before they won. Sorry guys can't share your grief with this team. Like I said have no allegiance and not looking to bring on more heartbreakers in my life.
I’m not a Wolves fan either. I’m just commenting on what looks like a big offer that really isn’t. The NBA is not the NFL. All I’m saying is that those 4 first rounders are fool’s gold. They are not what they appear to be. Be patient, Wolves. You will get a better offer from a contender as we get closer to the trade deadline.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Lol. I was listening to KFAN and a guy suggested not only this trade but trading Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins. I was like what the hell are you left with? And there is no guarantee that they would make the right picks either. Sure some would hit but it would still be stockpiling picks. 
Well considering how Kat doesn't seem to have any drive for the game and Wiggins doesn't want to play D... will they really have anything left when  butler is traded?  This team is a hot mess of shit regardless.