Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Son, careful what you wish for...
Vikings rookie Holton Hill would welcome Drew Brees throwing at him Sunday

If Drew Brees looks to throw Sunday at Holton Hill, the undrafted rookie would welcome it. 
If Vikings Pro Bowl cornerback Xavier Rhodes, hampered by a sprained left ankle, can’t play against New Orleans at U.S. Bank Stadium, he could be replaced by Hill. If that happens, the Saints star quarterback would figure to go right at him. 
“That’s what I kind of want,’’ Hill said Wednesday. “I kind of want that challenge for (Brees) to throw the ball at me. I’m a competitor. I always have been, always will be. I would like to accept that challenge if he decides to throw the ball at me.’’ 
Rhodes didn’t practice Wednesday. He was limping in the locker room before the workout but said he felt “great.’’ 
Rhodes and linebacker Anthony Barr (hamstring), who also didn’t practice Wednesday, both were injured in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 37-17 win at the New York Jets. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer called the chances “pretty good” that both will play against the Saints. 
Even if Rhodes does play, Hill could get snaps in relief of him or the other starting cornerback, Trae Waynes. The rookie from Texas is excited about going against Brees, 39, the NFL’s all-time leader in passing yards. 
“So he came in (to the NFL) in 2001,’’ said Hill, Minnesota’s youngest player at 21. “I was like 4 going on 5. Little did I know a couple of years later, I might be playing against him on the same field.’’ 
https://www.twincities.com/2018/10/24/vi...im-sunday/

I know, I know...

What else is he supposed to say?

"I'm scared shitless?"

He has confidence, that is good.  Hopefully his preparation level is up there with that confidence.

If Hill plays, you can bet Brees will know and test him early and often. 

Good luck, kid! Smile

I like it. Just like when I was watching the replay and they were talking about the Jets going after Hill and Darnold threw an interception. Of course it's going to be a test for him but I wouldn't want him curled in the fetal position crying in the corner. Get after it!

Never play scared. I like it...might fail admirably but I still like it.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I know, I know...

What else is he supposed to say?

"I'm scared shitless?"
Last guy who expressed lack of confidence got the boot.

I like that Holton Hill wants Brees to throw his way. That was good. But my favorite part of the OP is:  X cannot practice and is limping around the locker room, but says he feels great.  Barr also can't practice.  And Zimmer says there is a pretty good chance they both will play on Sunday.
OK, it's one thing for a 21-year-old rookie to be in denial, . . . but X and Zim?  I have a sore ankle. Maybe I'll play CB on Sunday against Brees. Yeah, I think there's a pretty good chance of that.

False confidence. Talk is one thing, walking it against one of the all time best QB's in NFL history is another. He'll understand it better after the game. Its fine, his comments. But it comes across empty to me. His INT last Sunday against the Jets was 100% a bad throw by Darnold and had nothing to do with Hill....but he did catch it, which can't be said for every DB I see on the Redzone Channel. 

A bad throw was tossed in his direction and he intercepted it. I remember Xavier Rhodes dead handing many potential INTs his first couple years before he snagged a few and never looked back. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
False confidence. Talk is one thing, walking it against one of the all time best QB's in NFL history is another. He'll understand it better after the game. Its fine, his comments. But it comes across empty to me. His INT last Sunday against the Jets was 100% a bad throw by Darnold and had nothing to do with Hill....but he did catch it, which can't be said for every DB I see on the Redzone Channel. 

A bad throw was tossed in his direction and he intercepted it. I remember Xavier Rhodes dead handing many potential INTs his first couple years before he snagged a few and never looked back. 

Yeah, like I said, Hill is in denial. Is it fake because he knows better?, or is it real because he is so ignorant? Again, kinda forgivable coming from a rookie about to make his first start. 
Meanwhile, the latest injury report shows that X, Barr, Sendejo, Cook, and Compton did not practice today. No change from yesterday.  And Reiff and Linval were limited. Same as yesterday.