Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gee, who coulda seen this coming?
OAK vets questioning Gruden's accountability

[Image: 9270.jpg]
According to the Athletic's Vic Tafur, a number of Raiders veterans have questioned coach Jon Gruden's "accountability" in the wake of the Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper trades.
"When what you say and what you do are two different things, there is a problem," one player told Tafur. Gruden allegedly told the players Cooper would not be traded, and then he was flipped to the Cowboys after the bye. Cooper was pulled off the practice field with no explanation. Gruden didn't tell the players why, and also talked to the media about the trade before addressing the team, as the rest of the squad learned of the deal via their phones. "Of course I’m concerned about the locker room," veteran TE Lee Smith said. Another player added, "I think many of us realize we won’t be here next year. We are just waiting to see if we will be here next week." The Gruden tenure is off to a roaring start.                    
Source: The Athletic                                      Oct 24 - 12:38 AM

I am sure he isnt acting completely alone,  the Davis family must approve of his vision for the team going forward...or maybe he is doing this shit to force his own way out of town.

"I think many of us realize we won’t be here next year. We are just waiting to see if we will be here next week."

That's a real powerful message to the locker room.

Their team chant before game day is +Dead man walking

[Image: mark_davis_raiders_dumb_and_dumber.jpg][Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
"I think many of us realize we won’t be here next year. We are just waiting to see if we will be here next week."

That's a real powerful message to the locker room.
The same Veterans in the same Locker Room that was in the Playoffs 2 years ago and was the presumptive challenger to NE last year before completely humping the bunk ala Jacksonville this year? 

I have zero sympathy for their underperforming FAs walking on egg shells nor the organization that drafted so poorly for so long that they had to overpay for FAs that weren't smart signings.

Classic example is buying virtually their whole O-Line instead of drafting them. Worked well for one year and hasn't since. 

He traded away their best player....how do you think that sits with the other vets in the locker room? You aren't getting better by doing that, the players know who can really play and who can't. Gruden has been out of the league FOREVER in NFL years. He was also an abrasive coach to players. He got lucky once, just like Brian Billick did. 

Jiminy Crickets. 
Credibility was never his strong suit. Talking past the point of human consumption is. I'm just thankful to hear his voice less now.
Dude is a legend...in his own mind.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
He traded away their best player....how do you think that sits with the other vets in the locker room? You aren't getting better by doing that, the players know who can really play and who can't. Gruden has been out of the league FOREVER in NFL years. He was also an abrasive coach to players. He got lucky once, just like Brian Billick did. 
Did you miss the part about how those same vets were supposed to challenge NE and flamed out? How many of them have already bailed on Carr?

Gruden is an asshat. That doesn't make the miscast collection of FAs McKenzie signed because he stinks at drafting talent (other than the no-brainer Mack selection) innocent of their own poor play that cost Del Rio his job.

They should all have been put on notice after last year's debacle and a change in leadership that this would happen.

Evidently Chucky is embracing the Browns rebuild model...  Wink B)