Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals willing to trade Peterson

# of interesting D players on that team potentially available for trade...They're definitely in selling mode.

This should say something to the NFL that a team with a decent defense and a young QB that has showed a little promise would want to blow up that defense.  The players union should be taking note as well.  This devaluation of the defensive players through rule changes is not good for the future of the game or for half the players union.  When it's down to a tiny fraction of the players QB and WR making over 40% of a teams cap space that will really work to fracture a unions leverage and ultimately the union.  And the game will be so stupid to watch.

Chandler Jones would look go in Purple...

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
This should say something to the NFL that a team with a decent defense and a young QB that has showed a little promise would want to blow up that defense.  The players union should be taking note as well.  This devaluation of the defensive players through rule changes is not good for the future of the game or for half the players union.  When it's down to a tiny fraction of the players QB and WR making over 40% of a teams cap space that will really work to fracture a unions leverage and ultimately the union.  And the game will be so stupid to watch.

Oh, I think this is just a 1-6 team acknowledging they are rebuilding and trying to trade one of their valuable, but expensive and aging, assets - Peterson will be 30 before the Cardinals can compete. Raiders are allegedly trying to trade Amari Cooper, but I don't take that to mean the league is de-valuing WRs.

Teams part way with players constantaly, defensive offensive, ST’s 
coaches too, AZ just dumped their O. oordinater
no conspiracy,...just bidness

The players union should be taking note as well.  This devaluation of the defensive players through rule changes is not good for the future of the game or for half the players union.  When it's down to a tiny fraction of the players QB and WR making over 40% of a teams cap space that will really work to fracture a unions leverage and ultimately the union.  And the game will be so stupid to watch.
But with declining viewership...especially in these palatial stadiums...it will be sooooo exciting to see 54-41 NBAesque games!  Because who wants to see solid O line play, form tackles and well defended pass plays.  Yaaawwwn!!!  Wink

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Oh, I think this is just a 1-6 team acknowledging they are rebuilding and trying to trade one of their valuable, but expensive and aging, assets - Peterson will be 30 before the Cardinals can compete. Raiders are allegedly trying to trade Amari Cooper, but I don't take that to mean the league is de-valuing WRs.
They aren't just talking Peterson on D.  

Well see,  but if the league is going to continue to neuter defenses....why invest on that side of the ball?  Might as well just put all your eggs on O and go for the shoot out wins.

@"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

They aren't just talking Peterson on D.  

Well see,  but if the league is going to continue to neuter defenses....why invest on that side of the ball?  Might as well just put all your eggs on O and go for the shoot out wins.

Maybe - next year's draft will be an indicator. 15 defensive players in round 1 this year, down from 19 in 2017, 16 in 2016. That's a healthy balance over the last three years, but maybe you're right and it will drop.

From what I’ve seen, it’s Peterson who wants out :o the team not so much...