Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook (hamstring) ruled out for Week 7
Dalvin Cook (hamstring) ruled out for Week 7

[Image: 12138.jpg]
Dalvin Cook (hamstring) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Jets.
This was expected after Cook was held out of Thursday's practice. Cook's had multiple setbacks with his hamstring injury, so he's not a lock to be back next week. Latavius Murray will make another start in Cook's place.                    
Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter                         Oct 19 - 1:39 PM

Damn it. Guy missed zero starts at FSU. Murray, Boone and Roc will have to carry the load. We should shut Cook down until after the bye. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Damn it. Guy missed zero starts at FSU. Murray, Boone and Roc will have to carry the load. We should shut Cook down until after the bye. 
Yes to shutting him down.
It's almost like getting 1,800 or whatever it was touches in college has come back to haunt.
I really hope he can come back from this and be a good player. So much potential. I'm struggling to think of RBs that have been this injury-plagued early in their career and come back to be successful. I'm sure they exist, I'm just blanking.
Get well soon Dalvin!

Some players take a long time to return from injury. Some are never the same. I think fans, and maybe even Vikings management, were spoiled by the amazing recovery of Adrian Peterson in 2012 and might think that's the norm.

at this point why dont they just save the information tweets until something changes... honestly is it even news to say that a guy that hasnt been playing still isnt playing?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Yes to shutting him down.
It's almost like getting 1,800 or whatever it was touches in college has come back to haunt.
I really hope he can come back from this and be a good player. So much potential. I'm struggling to think of RBs that have been this injury-plagued early in their career and come back to be successful. I'm sure they exist, I'm just blanking.
Get well soon Dalvin!
Robert Smith suffered with ear infections, tonsillitis etc...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Damn it. Guy missed zero starts at FSU.
While technically true, he hobbled off the field with various ailmemts mid-game seemingly every other week. Always came back a series or two later but it was a consistent thing that I warned everyone about pre-draft. It's almost like his body is over-engineered for power and speed. Too much horsepower type thing.

No way we can count on anything from Cook this year.  If he comes back at all, and is in any kind of shape to play and take hits, consider it a bonus.  I would be looking for a RB in next year's draft.  For now, I would give Boone some more carries.
From what I have seen, none of our backs are particularly good in pass protection.  Two of the batted passes against Arizona came from Murray diving at pass rushers' feet only to have them jump over him and bat down the ball.  And Murray is a big back.  Then again, I think I saw Hill do that on the left side, too.  Maybe that is a technique we are teaching. I hope not.  Today's D-linemen are too athletic for that lazy crap. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
No way we can count on anything from Cook this year.  If he comes back at all, and is in any kind of shape to play and take hits, consider it a bonus.  I would be looking for a RB in next year's draft.  For now, I would give Boone some more carries.
From what I have seen, none of our backs are particularly good in pass protection.  Two of the batted passes against Arizona came from Murray diving at pass rushers' feet only to have them jump over him and bat down the ball.  And Murray is a big back.  Then again, I think I saw Hill do that on the left side, too.  Maybe that is a technique we are teaching. I hope not.  Today's D-linemen are too athletic for that lazy crap. 
they need to be taught to dip and lift... as they close in lower the shoulder like they are going  to take them out at the knees to get them airborne and then as soon as the defender starts to rise up drive up through their thighs and put them on their face.... they will be a lot less apt to try and jump the next time.   not sure why our offense allows these defenders to leave their feet with no consequence.

Dip and lift? Skoal and the squat rack?