Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray nominated FedEx Ground Player of Week
LIVE WELL ~ LOVE MUCH ~ LAUGH OFTEN

Way to go Latavius! It's nice to see the run game get going.

Thats great, is Cook playing Sunday ?
 :p 
J/K
Great to see him step up & get it 
Many questioned keeping him but he is a reliable insurance policy

Good thing we have him. Cook has yet to do anything past the 4 game teaser last season. Is Murray our Leroy Hoard to Cooks Robert Smith?

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Good thing we have him. Cook has yet to do anything past the 4 game teaser last season. Is Murray our Leroy Hoard to Cooks Robert Smith?
I think Murray is maybe more Chester Taylor? He's a more versatile back than Hoard, and, like Taylor, could easily be a feature back on some teams in the NFL. Hoard was the "if you need 1, I'll get you 3, if you needed 5, I'll get you 3" guy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@suncoastvike said:
I think Murray is maybe more Chester Taylor? He's a more versatile back than Hoard, and, like Taylor, could easily be a feature back on some teams in the NFL. Hoard was the "if you need 1, I'll get you 3, if you needed 5, I'll get you 3" guy. 
I agree with that. I wasn't really comparing playing styles. It was more the guy you need because the guy you want is always injured. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:

I sure hope Cook is a Smith, not a Michael Bennett - or DJ Dozier.
In the '90s, a player like Smith could have 4 injury-plagued years of teasing and still get a shot. Cook will have nowhere near as long to rebound. He looked good catching the ball early this year but I didn't see that he has regained the power to drive through tacklers. RB will be a very high draft need next spring if Cook doesn't have an impressive second half of this season.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@suncoastvike said:

In the '90s, a player like Smith could have 4 injury-plagued years of teasing and still get a shot. Cook will have nowhere near as long to rebound. He looked good catching the ball early this year but I didn't see that he has regained the power to drive through tacklers. RB will be a very high draft need next spring if Cook doesn't have an impressive second half of this season.
You are right. He hasn't proven to be a Robert Smith yet. Smith and the Vikes back then ran some of the sweetest RB screens I ever saw.
I think Cook could be that guy. Or the guy who gets a foot injuried on a treadmill...DOH.
Bennett did not replace Smith. Cook had some even bigger shoes to fill.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@suncoastvike said:

The Vikings were amazingly patient with Smith

Congrats to him! I thought he seemed very explosive in preseason - he looked healthy and a bit of a different player than he was last season. I really expected him to come on strong Week 1 but obviously it hasn't been happening all season. He finally looked the part on Sunday.

I'm hoping it extends into next week - maybe he just needed some lightbulbs to go off in this new system. He's not much of a bounce and make a hole guy - i'm thinking maybe just finding the holes is a great sign going forward.

I think he reminds me a bit of Adrian when he runs with a handoff. Runs a little upright, cuts and just glides through holes. He doesn't have that 'bounce cut' though... Obviously he doesn't have the kind of sauce that AD had... He gets into the second level and his size becomes apparent. It's not a perfect comparison, but I can still see the ghost of Peterson when he touches the ball every now and then. And that stiff arm against the safety on that TD run was beautiful. "I'm bigger than you; sit down!"