Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets to Shut Up Classless Cousins?
Damn, bitter much? It is the New York POST, so you go in expecting tabloid writing, but still...

Is there a Jets fan alive who doesn’t crave seeing the Jets defense dismantle Kirk Cousins and the Vikings on Sunday at MetLife Stadium and then ask the Minnesota quarterback this: “You like that?!?’’
Forget that a win over the 3-2-1 Vikings would be a third consecutive victory for the young, upstart Jets, who would get to 4-3 and be in the thick of the AFC East race nearly midway through the season.
The delicious byproduct would be sticking it to Cousins, who not only spurned an outlandish free-agent contract offer of $90 million guaranteed over three years from the Jets in March, but then bragged about using them as leverage to up the Minnesota offer on a video that was posted for public consumption and — as it turned out — Jets embarrassment....

...the rest at the link...

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/how-sweet-...k-cousins/

That should quite the motivational pre-game speech:

”Let’s go kill Cousins for turning down our offer of $90 Million and forcing us to draft Sam Darnold while leaving more money and cap space to pay the rest of us!!!” 
“Yeah! Wait, what?”

You understand the Post is just a National Enquirer style rag, right? 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
You apparently missed the first sentence of my post. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
You apparently missed the first sentence of my post. 
LMAO, I did.

Vikings could really benefit from a banged up Jets secondary. Jets' top corner Trumaine Johnson sat out the last two weeks with a quad and those tend to linger so we'll see if he practices. They lost their best safety, Marcus Maye, who broke his thumb on Sunday so he's out for a while. Buster Skrine, their slot corner (the guy who would most often be matched up on Thielen) missed last week with a concussion. If all three sit, Diggs and Thielen will be matched up with the illustrious Parry Nickerson, Morris Claiborne and Daryl Roberts. 

I hope this game brings out the beast in Richardson. It would be nice to see him have a statement game against his old team.

This could be another opportunity to run the ball, the Jets are rather weak in that department.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
I hope this game brings out the beast in Richardson. It would be nice to see him have a statement game against his old team.
an appearance would be nice.  Will take him appearing on the stat sheet.  I know it is a team game, but he has been invisible since the first couple games.

They're like Giant fan lite---can't really fault them too much as they are working out their anger issues for taking the short bus all those years