Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer: Hughes out for the year with a torn ACL
Per PC.

oh damn, Sticky.  just got the alert about this on my phone. I kept hoping the fears would be unfounded.  Now thoughts are about a complete recovery for the kid.  tough news.

As fans, let's justify this: injuries happen and we had/have tons of depth at DB. Sucks of course, but it's a numbers game. We're not too bad off yet. 

And with O'Neill playing the way he did yesterday, I'm hopeful. Our OL was the bigger worry. 

The team has talent in the secondary for sure. If you take a look around the league weekly, every team is losing a player here and there. Its a game of attrition. 

Sure there's depth...at Safety. I'm not remotely sold on Alexander, Hill is a baby and Sherels can't actually cover like anyone. He's way below Replacement Player level.

And.don't give me Big Nickel. The first time an OC schemes up an RB on a wheel route the falls tp.Kearse to cover will end that experiment. Same for any Move TE.

And I also don't want to hear that it won't happen. I very specifically pointed out that OCs would scheme to get TEs on Sendejo. "That won't happen" was the response. And then Ertz torched him AND Harry in.the NFCCG.

You need athletes that can defend shifty players and big, fast TEs. Harris can cover shifty guys. Iloka can hopefully cover Move TEs. Hughes showed he could cover both. 

And heaven help us if Rhodes or Waynes gets hurt. This team is deep.at Safety, not Corner. This is awful news.

I don't know...I liked it when Kearse tackled Johnson for a loss on a screen pass.  Stopped him in his tracks and moved him backwards.  Johnson is a big back and Kearse handled him.

Kendricks.couldn't cover Kamara. Wait till Kearse gets.stuck with him. It will lookike Barr vs. Cupp 2.0.

Not good. Injuries happen. We are not having good luck with high picks and injuries 2 years straight.

Well...

Shit.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Well...

Shit.
this