Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins, Diggs and Thielen are just fine with being part of a passing fancy
Five games into a season in which the Vikings are 2-2-1, the types of plays provided by the Cousins-Thielen and Cousins-Diggs combinations have become the norm.
If a Cousins pass is thrown in the vicinity of either, the odds are good they are going to catch it. On Sunday, Diggs caught 10 of the 11 balls thrown his way for 91 yards and Thielen caught seven of 10 passes directed toward him for 116 yards, including a 3-yard touchdown in the back corner of the end zone late in the first half.
There also was this nugget from ESPN Stats & Info: Cousins has completed 70 percent of his passes to the two receivers this season accounting for 991 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions.

http://www.1500espn.com/news/2018/10/zul...ing-fancy/

Cousins, signed to a three-year, $84 million contract in March, has passed for 1,688 yards with 11 touchdowns, two interceptions and possesses a 105.1 passer rating through five games. That would be his career high. He also has completed 71.2 percent of his passes, hitting on 161 of 226 throws, which also would set a personal high for completion percentage. The only real troublesome stat for Cousins thus far is he has lost four of five fumbles but that wasn’t an issue against the Eagles.
Thielen has an NFL-leading 47 receptions for 589 yards and three touchdowns — his yardage total is 5 yards behind Houston’s DeAndre Hopkins for the league lead — and Diggs has 37 catches for 402 yards and three touchdowns.  On Sunday, Diggs also finished as the Vikings’ second-leading rusher with 25 yards on two carries, and Thielen contributed by recovering the Eagles’ onside kick that enabled the Vikings to run out the clock and end a two-game losing streak.

It should come as no surprise that Cousins, Diggs and Thielen have formed a mutual admiration society in which they play a game of hot potato when it comes to taking credit for the success of the passing game.
“Stef said to me at the end, when I had a couple of thoughts for him, ‘Stay on me, I’m a young player and I need you to keep telling me how to play and what to do,'” Cousins said. “(This is) a really good locker room because the best players have a humility about them where they don’t act like they have all the answers. They go to work and say, ‘teach me, help me, I want to be great.’ That’s fun to work with and it’s fun to coach and fun to be a part of.”
As for Thielen, he is more than happy to deflect the credit toward Cousins.
“Honestly, I think it’s a lot on him,” Thielen said. “He’s the guy who is finding us when we’re open. … You look at one of the first plays of the game and he’s getting hit and he just throws it out there and let’s me go run to it and (I) made a play. All day he just continues to sit back there and trusts us to get open. A lot of times he probably can’t even see us. But he just trusts us as receivers to get open because that’s our job. He throws it and let’s us really just go out there and make a play.”

That's what I  love--A player balling till the end and a QB willing to trust his wrs and throwing the rock to a spot---not waiting until he's absolutely certain their open ala ponder

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
That's what I  love--A player balling till the end and a QB willing to trust his wrs and throwing the rock to a spot---not waiting until he's absolutely certain their open ala ponder
Ponder hell,   that was Keenums biggest issue is he didnt throw anybody open,  he would stare at a guy until he came open at times.