Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ Michael Floyd says he’s moving forward despite looming suspension
MANKATO, Minn. – Michael Floyd used the one-on-one drills during his first day of training camp with the Vikings on Thursday to show what he could potentially bring to the offense. On one occasion he beat second-year cornerback Mackensie Alexander and on another it was Pro Bowl corner Xavier Rhodes who was victimized.The Vikings, of course, will have to wait well into the regular season before Floyd is able to display his talents in a game. The wide receiver has been suspended for the first four games of the season after being arrested for drunken driving last December in Arizona.

In his first comments since the NFL announced the suspension on July 14, Floyd acknowledged, “I’m happy it’s all over, now I can just focus on football and what’s important. … You always hope it’s a lesser suspension, but they gave me what they decided on. I’ve got to live with it and move forward.”
Floyd, who was let go by the Cardinals after his arrest last season and ended the year with the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, signed a one-year, $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract with his hometown Vikings this spring.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...uspension/