Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waynes Out, Time For Hughes To Step Up?

I've carried Waynes' water for a while now and defended him when other folks said "he sucks".  He doesn't suck; actually he's pretty good.  BUT... the guy can't be counted on to play (or, at least play with pain).  Maybe this year is worse because it's a contract year.  Maybe he's soft because he came from such a solid family (compared to the guys that came out of "rough neighborhoods").  Regardless, if the kid can't stay on the field, there's no point in trying to keep him around.  Better to trade him for something (a #2 maybe) and get Hughes in there.  Sucks to think that way, though, because I think we COULD have had one of the better CB duos.

Yall do know that he is in the concussion protocol right?  This isn't a pain thing or something he is even allowed to play through.  The decision isn't his.  Yes he's been a little soft in the past at times,  but this incident is different and in light of what just went down with Griff.... I am betting the Vikings trainers aren't taking any chances with noodle injuries for a while.

Yah, can't ding Trae for concussion protocol. 

Back to the op title, I can only hope Hughes holds his own a majority of the time. Just cant teach experience. Rook CB starting on the road @ Philly is a tall order. They'll go right after the weakest link.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yah, can't ding Trae for concussion protocol. 

Back to the op title, I can only hope Hughes holds his own a majority of the time. Just cant teach experience. Rook CB starting on the road @ Philly is a tall order. They'll go right after the weakest link.  
Which has pretty much been the whole defense, especially since Griff's been out.

Holton Hill has also gotten enough playing time that things could start clicking for him. He's getting a lot of opportunities to make a play out there. He seems to have earned a bit of respect from Zimmer and he's probably a big play away from raising a lot of eyebrows.

Cook out, also.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Cook out, also.
Good. I'm convinced that if we'd held Cook out last week, he'd be fully healthy and starting right now. 

Cook out, also.
Where are you seeing that reported? Inactives are not listed yet. 

Cook out, also.
Damn it, I sure wish he could stay on the field.  He's a great player, but man, he's always hurt.