Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Well we're cutting the cord, a little bit at a time...
Getting rid of 2 joeys and hooking-up an Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV box. Save $14 a mos. in Joey rentals.  Can access everything on Dish app. 

One step at a time lol! I'll see how much else we can pickup with other streaming and apps as we progress.

All I know is the Dish bill has gotten way too high. 

I gotta start looking into doing this as well.  Just have to figure out were to start

I want to so bad... With cable networks offering OTT apps, I'm pretty much good if it weren't for the Vikings...

I've been using Vue on the PlayStation for "cable." I get access to every channel I could possibly need; NFL, MLB and NBA networks included. Fox Sports North. DVR is included. On Demand is included. $45 a month.

It's like Netflix, down to billing. If you don't want service that month, it's easy to not pay for the month. If you want service, just pay and it's on. No prorated nonsense, no phone calls or house visits. Just on or off. It's kind of nice to be able to reflect on what's going on around the house with the family and then making a decision on it. ... and the interactive TV guide stuff is pretty cool. The menus are pretty cool (although clunky at times).

If you're feenin' for some cable, look Vue up on your Fire Box (connected to your main TV i'm assuming?) and try it out. I think they offer a "trial" period. You could compare the service to your Dish and maybe get rid of that thing...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Getting rid of 2 joeys and hooking-up an Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV box. Save $14 a mos. in Joey rentals.  Can access everything on Dish app. 

One step at a time lol! I'll see how much else we can pickup with other streaming and apps as we progress.

All I know is the Dish bill has gotten way too high. 
Did you get my telegraph...?  B)

Put KODI on that firestick and don't look back

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I've been using Vue on the PlayStation for "cable." I get access to every channel I could possibly need; NFL, MLB and NBA networks included. Fox Sports North. DVR is included. On Demand is included. $45 a month.

It's like Netflix, down to billing. If you don't want service that month, it's easy to not pay for the month. If you want service, just pay and it's on. No prorated nonsense, no phone calls or house visits. Just on or off. It's kind of nice to be able to reflect on what's going on around the house with the family and then making a decision on it. ... and the interactive TV guide stuff is pretty cool. The menus are pretty cool (although clunky at times).

If you're feenin' for some cable, look Vue up on your Fire Box (connected to your main TV i'm assuming?) and try it out. I think they offer a "trial" period. You could compare the service to your Dish and maybe get rid of that thing...
I'll check it out, thx...

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
Put KODI on that firestick and don't look back
That looks cool...I'll put it on see what we get!

Papa- do you use a VPN with Kodi?

I am starting too.  I already have amazon prime, netflix, etc.   Going with directvnow and playon.tv as my dvr service.  The playon ui is kind of sucky... but seem ok so far.