Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm ready for a 10 day break already
Much as I love watching Cousins, Diggs and Thielen, the rest of the team has given me heart-burn...

I turned off the Rams game after Cousins fumble and was asleep in minutes...I don't know if it's just me getting older and having a different perspective or I'm so callused after 5 decades of disappointment as a fan...

I took it hard. I try to be grown up. I'm certainly better then I used to be. Just seem that the realization of what didn't happen in Minnesota last February and how we blew a precious chance. I was up till 1 am. Still got up at 5:00 am yesterday.  Now I caught up on sleep. I don't care so much. This year is going to be a huge disappointment.  Next loss will equal last year's total. How many think it will be by week 5? Oh well

I am ok right now there are bigger problems going on. It was sad to see the defense disintegrate before our eyes but in a way it's understandable for many reasons. Now they need to go through the process of working through the issues and move forward. That will take time. The game is changing and not for the better. And there is still residual impact from last year. I think it's going to be a bumpy ride but I am ok with that. It's part of the deal. I am going to take my positivity to the stadium and continue to support the community in any way I can.

Yep. Its good to take a break. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I turned off the Rams game after Cousins fumble and was asleep in minutes...I don't know if it's just me getting older and having a different perspective or I'm so callused after 5 decades of disappointment as a fan...
That's how I am now. I can shut down the emotions of it and I won't continue to watch a whole game if its shitty.

Quote: Z@"BarrNone55" said:
Same with me, not as upset after losses or as elated after wins.  Must be age or the fact that I know better than getting my hopes up too high.

2 losses in 5 days = brutal! Give me 10! 

For me it was the bills game, midway through the 3rd. I came to the realization the season is over after 3 weeks. defense is just not the same oline is terrible. I Dont care how early it is you dont over come those two issuse during the season. I can watch these game and not be too upset. 

Quote: @eckman said:
For me it was the bills game, midway through the 3rd. I came to the realization the season is over after 3 weeks. defense is just not the same oline is terrible. I Dont care how early it is you dont over come those two issuse during the season. I can watch these game and not be too upset. 
Interesting. No team is playing great D. There's more parity than ever. And you're giving up after 4 games.

I'm going to go the opposite direction. This looks like a year where virtually any team that makes the Playoffs can win it all. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see both Super Bowl participants be Wild Card Teams.

The Eagles look ordinary. And nobody else in their Division looks like a threat to make the Playoffs. New Orleans' Defense appears to have regressed just like Minnesota. The Panthers also have Line issues and will only go as far as Cam's accuracy will take them. Rams just ate 31 points at home from our Offense and it's awful O-Line.

That leaves Chicago and Green Bay. Frankly, the Bears currently look like the better team. But Mitch is really just playing pitch and catch with dudes that Nagy is scheming to get wide open. IF, and that's a big if, DCs start figuring all this misdirection shit out and make him actually have to throw guys open he could be in serious trouble.

Nobody looks like a complete team this season. That gives me hope.