Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings PEE: Rams
Again, another hard game to come up with possible players exceeding expectation.  How do you nominate any defensive player considering the way the Rams moved the ball (I did throw in Kearse as at least he had a pass defense)?  On offense, the players expected to play well did and the players expected to play poorly did (mostly).  BTW, this will (most likely) be the first and only time I nominate two players because of long snapping -- it was that type of game.

Current standings after 3 games:
  • Weatherly 4
  • Morgan 3
  • Richardson 3
  • Cousins 3
  • O'Neill 2
  • Ham 2
  • Hughes 2
  • Smith 1
  • Parry 1
  • Jones 1
  • Sendejo 1
New theory about Barr -- he really wants to win this season's PEE award, so he is taking the first half of the season to lower expectations so when he dominate the second half he will pile up PEE points.  Hey, it is as good a theory as any as to why he is playing so poorly in a contract year.

Robinson will probably run away with it simply because nobody expected anything from him.

That said, I think Elflein deserves a mention.  I think the O-line played well until late 3rd quarter.  Even the announcers were mentioning that 0 sacks on Cousins until Donald finally broke through. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Robinson will probably run away with it simply because nobody expected anything from him.

That said, I think Elflein deserves a mention.  I think the O-line played well until late 3rd quarter.  Even the announcers were mentioning that 0 sacks on Cousins until Donald finally broke through. 
I thought about this but it is hard to nominate a member of the oline with how pathetic the running game has become.  I also read this: "The interior of the Vikings’ offensive line had no answer for the Rams’ inside rushers Donald and Ndamukong Suh. The former Lion and Dolphin had six pressures and a batted pass.  Guards Tom Compton and Mike Remmers gave up 15 pressures and Pat Elflein allowed five in his first start of the year, per PFF."

I came close to voting for Kevin McDermott for coming back and playing without the tip of his finger.