Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IThank you Laquan and Rams fans
This was my kids first NFL game, as we watched pre-game warmups, Treadwell tossed the ball into the stands "playing catch" with the Vikes fans there. 

Yesterday my son broke his thumb at football practice. He will pretty much miss the remainder of the season.....he 
has taken it very hard. We both have.

Anway Treadwell saw this kid in a cast and tossed the ball to my son.  Who caught it with one arm wrapped up.
unable to throw a spiral, my shot "shot-put" the ball back to him. We will ALWAYS remember that, so Mr. Treadwell thank you.
My experience with Conrad Dobler when I was a kid was MUCH different. 

Id say HALF the crowd were Vikings fans, but hats off to the Rams fans around us. They cheered, but without gloating. 
In fact a couple of Rams fans first bumped my boy (Wearing a color rush Theilin) on Theilens big plays.

pretty classy fan base 

I'm glad to hear you and yours had a good experience,   it can be such a crap shoot these days with most fan bases,  ours included at times.

That is really cool. He is going to remember that forever. Sorry to hear about the injury. 

Good to hear. I kept saying to myself, win or lose, this is a helluva fun game to watch. I'm sure it was even better live. 

Nice

Great story, and now I like Tready a little more because of it.  That's pretty cool.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
This was my kids first NFL game, as we watched pre-game warmups, Treadwell tossed the ball into the stands "playing catch" with the Vikes fans there. 

Yesterday my son broke his thumb at football practice. He will pretty much miss the remainder of the season.....he 
has taken it very hard. We both have.

Anway Treadwell saw this kid in a cast and tossed the ball to my son.  Who caught it with one arm wrapped up.
unable to throw a spiral, my shot "shot-put" the ball back to him. We will ALWAYS remember that, so Mr. Treadwell thank you.
My experience with Conrad Dobler when I was a kid was MUCH different. 

Id say HALF the crowd were Vikings fans, but hats off to the Rams fans around us. They cheered, but without gloating. 
In fact a couple of Rams fans first bumped my boy (Wearing a color rush Theilin) on Theilens big plays.

pretty classy fan base 

Yup.  Had they been Raiders fans, it might have been a slightly different experience! Wink

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
This you, bro? *LOL*

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/28/rams-vikin...tball-nfl/
LOL

Not where I was sitting, but I will say this much...

If a Rams fan wanted to pick a fight last night, he better rethink the odds...
On the Vikings side of the field I'd say it was 3/4 purple. I don't know if you could hear us 
on TV, but we did the SKOL chant a few times and the place was rocking!!!

Let me guess.....was there an excessive amount of alcohol involved?
I don't get the whole "beer inspired bravado"....I'm there to watch the game, not get drunk and pick fights.

WTF...a Rams fan throwing another Rams fan????