Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Everson Griffen also tried to break into teammate’s home
[Image: gettyimages-1029985988-e1536874619934.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Everson Griffen was not arrested in an incident at a Minneapolis hotel Saturday night, but the Vikings defensive end was arrested later that night.
Seth Kaplan of FOX 9 Sports reports that after Griffen left Hotel Ivy, where police questioned him for threatening to shoot hotel employees, Griffen tried to break into a teammate’s home. Kaplan said Griffen was arrested and now is undergoing a mental health evaluation.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/24/report-everson-griffen-also-tried-to-break-into-teammates-home/

someone reported he was in a facility for 72 hours.  that means, I believe, that he was on what in California is referred to as a 5150.  It means the person is a danger to himself or others.  He is in a lock down situation and can be held for up to 72 hours while he is being evaluated.  It could mean he just was having a bad weekend or something much more serious.  Saying prayers for Everson. 

Amen...prayers coming.

Apparently the station that reported this news retracted it!
Not sure where they got the info but lets hope that nothing of the sort happened.
LINK- https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...lis-hotel/

Its called The Baker Act in Florida. 

Crazy situation. Always something.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its called The Baker Act in Florida. 

Crazy situation. Always something.
Correct and when drugs or alcohol are the issue it's called Marchman act. Not to say that's Grifs issue just adding to what you're saying. I've dealt with a family member who's gone both ways. Mental health issues in this country are sadly over looked. Us in Florida even worse by my impression. Florida has only bed space in their state mental health hospitals for around 6000 people. With a population approaching 21 million...absurd. Those beds are usually filled up with court cases trying to get people sane enough to stand trial not help them before their issues get them locked up. 
Sorry to hijack the thread. Something very close to my heart. 
Hope this guys ok and it's not a deeper issue.

This is false. He didn't try to break into anyone's home, His mental evaluation stems from something predating this last weekend, and the girl that called the cops on him vanished when the cops got there. Seems like there is something here but MN media busted a nut over some possible bad news that they would get to report on. They love that shit around here. 

This whole situation is fucking sad and I would hope that some people lose their jobs over the rush to be first with a story.  this is just fucking rediculous and even if a station retracts a false story... the narrative is out there and that cant be reeled back in.  I hope that Griff can get his shit straightened out for his families sake,  and then I hope they get a good lawyer and do as much damage as they can financially to these so called "news" outlets.   Some of this false shit can certainly have a negative financial bearing on his future and could be legally argued.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
This is false. He didn't try to break into anyone's home, His mental evaluation stems from something predating this last weekend, and the girl that called the cops on him vanished when the cops got there. Seems like there is something here but MN media busted a nut over some possible bad news that they would get to report on. They love that shit around here. 
It's in the police report. Griffen's wife contacted the officer investigating the Vikings initial request to do a health and wellness check at his home as soon as he got off the phone with Les Pico. She told the officer that she had learned he was at Waynes house. They redacted Wayne's home address in the report, but did identify Trae as a "co-worker."

He was asked why he went to Wayne's house by an officer, and it is on record he answered 'God made me' or 'God told me to' ... something along thoes lines.

You know...

Not sure why it poped in my head... but, if the break-in incident didn't happen...  It occurred to me that she called and told the police that 'this just happened' (break in at Waynes - call from his fiance) after she was originally interviewed/questioned that day regarding Griffen's mental condition and their home life. 

i've read from a few reporting sources that that information was inaccurate. But it is in the police report; clearly as it was a lead written about in the police report. Where did their sources of it being inaccurate come from? Vikings P.R? ... word of mouth in the locker room (Trae Waynes)?

The police seemingly never got to Wayne's house to ask questions in the real time events of the police report; just as soon as they got the "tip" he had broken into Wayne's residence his wife called back stating he was in a car with an unknown male (speaking to the man) and that she had instructed this man to bring him home. Police eventually met Griffen and the guy speeding out of the driveway at Griffen's home...

edit: Wayne's put out a statement saying it did not happen. I am assuming the details in the police report about the phone call tip they received from his wife on Griffen being spotted at Wayne's house are not fabricated... strange...  

Quote:quoted from police report 

As I was ending my conversation with Pico, I received a text message from Tiffany saying to please call me.

I called Tiffany. Tiffany said that Everson was just at Trae Waynes house located at X. Tiffany said she got a phone call from his fiance who stated Everson just broke into their home and jumped thru some bushes and he was not wearing a shirt.

I told Tiffany I would go check it out. A few minutes later she called back. Tiffany said that she just got a phone call from an unknown male from phone number X stating that he has her husband in his car and wanted to know what to do with him