Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals name Josh Rosen starting QB
The Sam Bradford era is over. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The Sam Bradford era is over. 
How could $1 billion be so wrong?

Yeah, Sam looks frail and slow.  I was rooting for him, but he just isn't the same guy the Vikes had prior to getting hurt.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Yeah, Sam looks frail and slow.  I was rooting for him, but he just isn't the same guy the Vikes had prior to getting hurt.
Sam looked frail and slow when he played here,  but it was his arm that made him a pro QB.  I havent watched him at all this year,  but I find it interesting that the cards were winning with Sam at QB but then lost the game with the rookie in there and they still stick with the rookie even though the plan was to have him learn behind Sam.   Oh well.... not my team.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
Sam looked frail and slow when he played here,  but it was his arm that made him a pro QB.  I havent watched him at all this year,  but I find it interesting that the cards were winning with Sam at QB but then lost the game with the rookie in there and they still stick with the rookie even though the plan was to have him learn behind Sam.   Oh well.... not my team.
The Cardinals were losing when they pulled Bradford.  This was after his third turnover.

Rant: Bradford is not very good.  He wasn't very good here and he's been terrible on the Cardinals.  I know I know, the Cardinals are a bad team, that's why Bradford can't win.  Blah blah... He only has one HOF WR.  He only has like a top ten RB.  He only has a good D, not great.  The Cardinals offense has been one of the worst in the first three games.  Way too many three and outs (as is always the case with Bradford lead teams) and now the turnovers and inaccurate passes are back (which were masked in 2016 by barely throwing past the line of scrimmage).

I guarantee the Cardinals offense will look better this week and the rest of the season with Rosen.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
The Cardinals were losing when they pulled Bradford.  This was after his third turnover.

Rant: Bradford is not very good.  He wasn't very good here and he's been terrible on the Cardinals.  I know I know, the Cardinals are a bad team, that's why Bradford can't win.  Blah blah... He only has one HOF WR.  He only has like a top ten RB.  He only has a good D, not great.  The Cardinals offense has been one of the worst in the first three games.  Way too many three and outs (as is always the case with Bradford lead teams) and now the turnovers and inaccurate passes are back (which were masked in 2016 by barely throwing past the line of scrimmage).

I guarantee the Cardinals offense will look better this week and the rest of the season with Rosen.

Lol, I wouldn't go that far.  Never was a big fan of Bradford, supported him while he was a Viking, but it doesn't surprise me he has struggled again.

@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:

I think this is more about an 0-3 team trying to generate some buzz by starting a #1 pick than about Bradford being anywhere near as incompetent as this rant suggests. The biggest surprise, IMO, is that Bradford stayed healthy for almost 3 games.

Anyone think all 3 of our 2017 QBs will be on the bench before long?

FYI - the Cardinals have scored on 3 drives out of 31 this year (the Vikings are second worse by the way).  That's right the Cardinals have total of 20 points scored on the season.  It is not about the shiny new toy, it is about an absolutely horrendous offense under Bradford (look at his stats or better yet, watch one of those three games).  I'm not really going out on a limb here, the offense under Rosen will be better.  In fact, I bet there isn't another 3 game stretch the rest of the year that the Cardinals offense is that bad at scoring.

The three worst teams in the NFL when it comes to getting points on their drives

30. Dallas Cowboys - 33 drives - 8 scoring drives - 24.2%

31. Minnesota Vikings - 37 drives - 8 scoring drives - 21.6%

32. Arizona Cardinals - 31 drives - 3 scoring drives - 9.7%
Nick Faber (@NickFaberNFL) 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickFaberNFL/...wsrc%5Etfw

I don't expect people to take my word for it so...

This is also what worries me about the Vikings.  Starting to feel like 2016 again, everyone is at fault except the QB. 
My non-Vikings prediction: the Redskins will magically have a good running game and a good defense with a winning record (probably playoffs).

FYI - the Cardinals have scored on 3 drives out of 31 this year (the Vikings are second worse by the way).  That's right the Cardinals have total of 20 points scored on the season.  It is not about the shiny new toy, it is about an absolutely horrendous offense under Bradford (look at his stats or better yet, watch one of those three games).  I'm not really going out on a limb here, the offense under Rosen will be better.  In fact, I bet there isn't another 3 game stretch the rest of the year that the Cardinals offense is that bad at scoring.
Agree.  Watched the last game where they pulled Bradford after his third turnover on a fumble.  I think their was less then 3 minutes remaining for the rookie to put together a scoring drive.  I thought Rosen was the best QB that came out last year with Mayfield second.   The Cards OL is not good so I hope he can survive.