Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its official: Jimmy G. is done for the year with a torn ACL
Adam Schefter.

Expect a new rule in 2019 where QBs just have to point where they think they can safely run to out of bounds and the refs will let them have it so we can stop the ACL tears. 

That sucks for them. See you next year Jimmy. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
That sucks for them. See you next year Jimmy. 
[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Adam Schefter.

Expect a new rule in 2019 where QBs just have to point where they think they can safely run to out of bounds and the refs will let them have it so we can stop the ACL tears. 
I am telling you, a QB out of the pocket should be declared down if a defender is within touching range.  Not actual two hand touch, because that could cause a QB to shift his weight and potentially tear something.

Adam Schefter.

The Teddy rule will include padded rooms, joysticks and a robot ball delivering device.  

Adam Schefter.

[Image: u2MjCoi.jpg]

I think the only real way to continue on with the penalties as they are is to eliminate the option for a QB to run the ball.  they can run all they want, but if they make forward progress just put it at the LOS.

I kid you not.  It will happen.  A QB rule will be enacted that will in effect resemble flag football. 

If rules are to prevent their injury, then to make it fair, any QB "in the grasp" should be declared sacked and cannot throw a pass or attempt to escape.
Done.